All Topics / Forum Frolic / Olympics Aussies world Number 1

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

well its days two of the olympics and for a short time on the Medal tally Australia was ranked Number One and the total medals tally, with 8 medals in total, followed by the US with 8 also (but only 1 Gold [biggrin][biggrin]). Sadly later the Chinese won another medal and took the number one spot with 8 medals (but 5 gold).
    Well done Australia not bad for a country of only 20 million people.
    Muppet when are “US” New Zealanders going to win a medal ????
    regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Geeez Westan – why didn’t you press the pause button? Its simply not good enough.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    Originally posted by westan:

regards westan

Probably when they learn that rowing a double scull is much easier to do from inside the boat![laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome and well preserved body, but better to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming . …… Hell, what a trip !!”

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

LOL Rubgyfan

Well, day 3 and the Aussies are still in second place in the world, not Bad going. GO AUSSIES,

regarding those poor girls in the Kiwi boat-
    one of the current affairs shows over here in NZ mentioned yesterday that the Aussies are laughing at Us. They showed a take from Roy and HG where they were talking about the girls falling out of the boat. The NZers didn’t see the funny side of it.

It was very Humerous, nearly as funny as Australia One splitting in half and sinking during an Americans Cup challenge race. Yes that was funny too, see sometimes if its funny we need to laugh at ourselves. Unfortunatly i have to laugh at myself all the time[angry2].

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

The reason Kiwi’s don’t win any medals much is that they don’t have rugby at the Olympics.

Where I was brought up you could play rugby when you were about 6yrs old, then more rugby at school. Then off to boarding school where I had the choice of playing rugby,rugby or rugby.So I chose to play rugby. Then years later after the school years you could play rugby at a club and in the off season you trained for the next rugby season.Rugby , Rugby and more rugby so then I moved to Victoria to make my fortune (12 years ago) and now I follow Geelong in the AFL!!

No more rugby for me.

Purse

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Westan,

It’s nice to see that you are wearing your “I am Australian” hat….

I suppose when the Kiwi’s eventually win a medal (only joking Muppet) that you will put on your “I’m a Kiwi” hat!! [biggrin]

Regards,

Del

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys[angry2]

Westan said:

When the events that require either sitting down or being in the saddle(and I don’t mean sex) finish.
    By that I mean yachting, rowing, cycling and horse riding.

Half the NZ Olympic Team is made up of people from 4 teams-2 hockey teams and 2 basketball teams.
    Is there an Australian Men’s Basketball team?

Now as regards the girls who went crab fishing instead of rowing and feel out of their boat, well at least they were able to get back in and finish the race.And they will get a second chance.

Not like the Australian America’s Cup yacht that sank into 1000ft of water.

Now as regards rugby at the Olympics. The USA won the last Olympic Gold medal way back in 1924. NZ didn’t have a team at those games.
    Rugby was dropped soon after.
    But I see that Rugby Seven’s may be added in the future.

Regards

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Go Thorpie…u legend…world no.1 in History…what a champ[biggrin]

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Muppet

Originally posted by muppet:

Hi Guys[angry2]

When the events that require either sitting down or being in the saddle(and I don’t mean sex) finish.
    By that I mean yachting, rowing, cycling and horse riding.

Shame their are no sheep shearing events[laughing]
    Half the NZ Olympic Team is made up of people from 4 teams-2 hockey teams and 2 basketball teams.
    Is there an Australian Men’s Basketball team?

Yes and it came 4th last Olympics – it lost to France in the bronze medal playoff.

Now as regards the girls who went crab fishing instead of rowing and feel out of their boat, well at least they were able to get back in and finish the race.And they will get a second chance.

I agree, well done and good committment

Not like the Australian America’s Cup yacht that sank into 1000ft of water.

Don’t remind me[angry2]

Now as regards rugby at the Olympics. The USA won the last Olympic Gold medal way back in 1924. NZ didn’t have a team at those games.
    Rugby was dropped soon after.

Yes it was because the French lost to the USA (player/ coach was an Aussie in 1924), the decided to can it as an event – they could not stand losing to the Yanks.

But I see that Rugby Seven’s may be added in the future.

Oh I hope so, it would give the Fijians, Kiwi’s and South Africans a chance at another gold medal.

Regards

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome and well preserved body, but better to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming . …… Hell, what a trip !!”

Profile photo of BradfordBradford
    Participant
    @bradford

what a great olypics! It’s great to see the world coming together to celebrate human acheivment. it’s just a shame we can’t come together economically and politically as well! maybe one day!

@westan

Hi all

well its now day ^ and Australia have slowed down the medal tally but hey we are still in $th position after the Japanese have done really well. The US and Chinese as expected have pushed ahead on the medal tally. We might stuggle to hold 4th position by the end of the games. But remember after the 8 in Munich, in Montreal 1976 we won no Gold medals. And in 1984 our 4 Gold medals was bettered by NZ with 8 Gold medals if i remember right.
    Whatever the result the Kids are going a great job of representing themselves and the country.

Look for a good day tomorrow (Sat Arvo) when NZ “Might” join the medal tally.

regards westan

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Look for a good day tomorrow (Sat Arvo) when NZ “Might” join the medal tally.

hehehe[biggrin] – might – hehehehe[biggrin]

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

@westan

Hey Muppet

only hours away till “us” kiwi’s have a chance to win some medals [anxious], Gee its hard being a new Zealander we are out of the tri nations no medals at the Olympics[sad], i never knew life was going to be so tough [confused2][glum2].
    Muppet how are we supposed to cope with this ???

Meanwhile Aussies at the end of day 8 are still 4th on the Medal tally with 8 Gold and 21 Medals all up. It looks like the aussies are about to win a stack more medals tonight also.

Hey Muppet why don’t we use velcro on the seats of our pants it would have helped the gilrls in the rowing and the guy on his horse, oouch that must of hurt.

regards westan

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Gee its hard being a new Zealander we are out of the tri nations no medals at the Olympics[sad], i never knew life was going to be so tough [confused2][glum2].
    Muppet how are we supposed to cope with this ???

hey Westan and Muppet – I have the solution to your doom and gloom. Simply write a letter to the Prime Minister of NZ pleading with her to join NZ to Australia as the 7th state – that way you can still walk around the streets of NZ bragging as though you were Aussies[biggrin] and you can also claim that your winning many medals[lmao]

P.S: Don’t know if any of you saw Hacket on the weekend but WOW what a race – the 1500 mtr swim – and boy does he deserve that GOLD[thumbsupanim]

@westan

Hi Geo

One problem with your very nice plan is that Australia would never allow NZ to join it as a nation.[biggrin]

Hey seriously now

NEW ZEALAND is on the board 2 GOLD MEDALS

WOW 2 GOLD MEDALS

Now back to the important stuff

Aussie is still in number 4 with 12 Gold medals, we just can’t catch those Japanese.

Now lets do some analysis of the medal tally, i had way too much free time today.
    Lets see how we are doing as per our population.
    China at top of the table has won 46 medal, but given its population of 1,294,000,000 that works out at one medal per 28 million people, Meanwhile the USA has 57 medals and a pop of 291 million so one medal for 5.1 Million people.
    Lets look how the list works out for each medal
    China 28 M
    USA 5.1 M
    Japan 4.8 M
    Australia .6 M
    Germany 2.6 M
    France 2.6 M
    Russia 4 M
    Italy 2.8 M
    Down the list we have
    Great Britian 3.1 M
    Netherlands .9 M

And Muppett
    NZ 1.9 Million

So Australia given its population is clearly the Star performer so far at these Olympics

Regards westan

Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

wooo hooo go Aussies…..Thanks for that westan i was wondering how the population thing would work out…hay did you watch the basketball game yesterday NZ V Aussie Girls ….WE WIPED YOUR ARSE

You guys did well mens triathlon 2 medals Gold and Silver i think we got bronze or 4th

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I woke up this morning to the 7am news and there was no medals last night. Gee I’ve been spoilt till now.

Go Aussies. Tax payer money well spent.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

The Aussie cyclists are worlds no. 1 –

…its a bit dissapointing[glum] that there will be no Olympic parade for them – nothing has been organised by the State governments.

@westan

Hi Guys

Go NEW ZEALAND gold and silver in the Triathlon (that 3 activity thing).

And while we are at it Australia has regained 3rd place in the Medal tally.

Well done again to the aussies, unfortunately those Russians are closing fast and will pass us.

regards westan

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.