Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of VaslavVaslav
    @vaslav

MIldura, what do ppl think of it as CG and +ve cashflow? it’s in Victoria, at the border of VIC, NSW and SA

There’s no Such thing as No Can’t Do!!!!!

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Motivstorm,

Have a look at:

http://www.smedb.com.au/main.asp?a=4

http://www.mildura.vic.gov.au/Page/Page.asp?Page_Id=232&h=1

Sent to me by one REA a few weeks ago; they may be of interest; especially the first one which details the future infrastructure plans.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Jo, it seems like you have a link to everything. Your research skills are amazing!!!

Cheers
    Sonja

@monopoly

[blush2] Awww Sonja !!!!

It’s all part of the service!!! [winking] (Just kidding) [lmao]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Motivstorm

there are two sleeping Giants as far as Mildura goes

these are
    Mineral Sands Projects
    Enviromissions solar chimney

First the Mineral sands project, there is an incredible amount of mineral sands in the Murray valley and one day it will be huge, as we will see of the one down near Hamilton and Horsham by Iluka resources.
    The solar tower planned to be built by Enviromission will be an even grander project, cosying around $1 billion this will create many jobs and great wealth for the area. http://www.enviromission.com.au

on a lesser scale the new marina will make the city an even more popular retirement option. Is it possible Mildura will become the Gold Coast of Victoria (well sort of)?
    Do a search on mildura on this form.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

And on Monday morning the Mildura REAs will wonder what hit them…

Thinking about looking into it myself now.

Cheers
    Sonja

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Marina in Mildura – how is the surf?

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

HAHAHA Yack, too funny!

Why don’t we all pack our boogieboards/ surfboards and snorkles and take off for some fun!
    Who can bring a beachboys CD?

We should do some research on the ground- but not under the ground as in: sticking our heads into the (mineral) sand. biggrin] [baaa]

Celivia

@monopoly
    Originally posted by westan:
    on a lesser scale the new marina will make the city an even more popular retirement option. Is it possible Mildura will become the Gold Coast of Victoria (well sort of)?

Westan,

I have just edited my post of disbelief and look closer at the link which I posted above (as sent to me by an REA) and after actually reading the info in full (as I should have done in the first place) I came across this:

http://www.mildura.vic.gov.au/Page/page.asp?Page_Id=893&h=0

I would never have believed it….but there you go; Australia’s very first inland marina!!!! Quick grab the cossie folks!!!!

Jo

Profile photo of everdineeverdine
    @everdine

Westan is spot on with Mildura news, and the Marina is going to be a big one.

We lived there last year and could not fine +CF properties at that time, Merbein and RedCliffs were experiencing huge price increases also.

It’s definitley a go-ahead area and if people have the resources would do well to invest there.

Maybe you can surf in the wake of the houseboats!!

[biggrin][biggrin] Diane

Profile photo of VaslavVaslav
    @vaslav

That’s cool.,

Thinking of moving up there for my job next year after graduation, and since i’ll be in the 48% taxation bracket, i was thinking of making use of some negative gearing to gain some capital gain in a few yrs down the track, Seems like a great place to be searching for properties over the weekends :P COOL>>>> oh I’m so Excited!!!

There’s no Such thing as No Can’t Do!!!!!

@westan

Hi Guys

Portland isn’t the only area that is having some fantastic things happening, do some investigation, i’ve been trying to tell you guys for years that there is huge capital growth prospects outside the Capital cities, but saddly the idea that Melbourne and Sydney are the only places to invest continue to be believed.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

@monopoly

Hi Westan,

I agree with you, Melbourne and Sydney are not the only places in Australia.

As for Portland, please check a previous thread which I stated info re population declines throughout Australia. Sadly Portland was nominated as one area of decline (which is a pity because it is a lovely spot):

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/12191.html?SearchTerms=Population,decline

Cheers,

Jo

@westan

Hi Jo

actually i made a mistake and meant to say Mildura as that is the Topic of discussion here.

But while we are on Portland, yes it has had years of decline BUT

Look at what is happening in the future
    firstly the Mineral sands projects in Western Victoria, needing to be shipped out somewhere which will be Portland. ( plus The decline of Melbourne as a Port as the Ripp to too shallow for many of the super boats being build today). so we have increasing use of the Port due to mineral sands projects.
    Possible Synthetic Rutile processing plant (maybe at Hamilton?). If it proceeded it would be a huge 200 hectare site, and be a $500 million project. It would be the center of Illuka’s world rutile production. Portland is keen to see this development in their City should it go ahead in about 2008.
    Potential $1 billion pulp paper factory to be built between Portland and Heywood 1000 jobs (10 years away). Government is currently looking at potential sites. This project would be of a world scale.
    Plus the increasing tourism of the region with the new discovery center and tram,
    plus the ripple effect of the Sea change having reached Portland,
    Plus the Wind mills being build and the commponent being constructed at Portland (and maybe ones in the future).

the rental demand is already strong in portland

regards westan

@monopoly

Hey Westan,

Thank you; thank you; thank you for that invaluable info…..If I wasn’t married, I’d kiss you!!! [lmao]

Seriously, sounds great; must look into Portland again, as I really like it there but was a bit disenchanted when I saw the drop in population figures.

Cheers, I’m off to have another look…..[medieval]

Jo

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Hamilton went really quiet and dropped off for about ten years in the 90’s everyone I knew and all oul group of friends left, there was just nothing happening.

And now it’s picked up again, the Mcdonald’s got the best store in Australia recently I think it was or Victoria or something.

So if Portland has had declines then mabyee that’s the time to get in there.

I know just recently 90 families have moved to the hamilton area, they are a religious group. Don’t watch any telly or radio or anything and have bought up big in area. They have bought big places like Doctors houses solicitors houses and some of the more prodominant dwellings around Hamilton.

They have been dubbed “The Happpy Clappers” my mother had them come to her door. They have nothing to do with the Mine but just saying that that’s another 90 families that have moved into the Hamilton area and bought houses, they are evan constucting there own kit biult houses on a plant out the road, which they have completely constructed the plant and set up themselves, to supply there own group with houses. They bought an ex council depo or something simular with existing big industrial sheds.

As far as all the pulp, is that from all the Blue Gum trees Western? I know there has been billions planted, and they would be getting on to maturity now, i heard along the grape vine that a lot of the Blue Gum pulp is to be exported to China or Japan, so that would create more traffic at the port. Portland is one of the deepest ports in the world.

This thread was about Muldura, and I haven’t said anything about it hehe. Maybee i will drift thru there in my HouseBoat one day. But the only thing i know about Mildura is they grow lovely oranges and it is bloody hot.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Oh, a cult has moved to Hamilton- the Happy Clappers- hehe- too funny :O)

I always remembered Mildura as another country town. You’d have to buy cheaply there to make it worhwhile, I’d reckon. It will never have the reputation that coastal areas or capital cities do.

kay henry

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

“Oh, a cult has moved to Hamilton- the Happy Clappers- hehe- too funny :O)

Yeah my mother gets quiet a laugh out of them.

I don’t really know much about them, so there a bit of a mystery.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Yes, really funny about the Happy Clappers.

I hope they won’t clap too hard though or the mine might cave in! [blink] [fear]

Celivia

@westan

Hi kay

It will never have the reputation that coastal areas or capital cities do.

kay can’t agree with you sorry, look at Echuca/Moama – BOOMING

Hugely popular with retirees, they love the warmer climate compared to melbourne, means you can bowl and play Golf more- apparently.
    regards westan

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.