Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Curiosity got the best of me, this is for all you investors who never, ever stop buying, regardless of the climate …….

If you had to pick FIVE places/areas/cities/regions/towns etc. etc. etc.

Where would you buy and why NOW……….[biggrin]

[buz2]

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Brisbane,sydney,melbourne,perth,and mount isa.(sorry everyone else)
    Dom[biggrin]

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Reservoir
    Heidelberg West
    Whittlesea
    Frankston (excl. Nth)
    Carrum Downs

All these areas (in Melbourne) are/have been undervalued for some time, however (according to my crystall ball) should experience good growth in the next decade.

Why would I buy there….still very affordable, why else???

Jo

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey Monopoly,

its good that your still finding +CF properties in these areas – well done.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

@monopoly

Hi Geo,

Thanks for your vote of confidence!!! Many of the properties in these areas will not stack up against the 11 second rule, and as such may not be in effect be +CF. However, there are still a few that can be classed as +CF if you look hard enough. But prodominantly I did not nominate them for that reason, moreso because they are still good value.

If you specifically seek +CF (which was not what I thought Marisa was asking) I would thus add Frankston North (which I excluded originally from my list) as there are still some great buys there if that is what appeals.

Marisa, sorry I didn’t mention any in my first post, but as for interstate properties, I would estimate that growth will be experienced in regional pockets of WA, Tassie and certain parts of Qld.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

QLD still seems to look and sound good regarding Growth to me also..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Guys

i’m with you redwing on Qld especially SE Qld, In Victoria i’d be looking at Geelong and Mildura, but i’d also be reading the 2030 plan for Melbourne.

as far as NZ goes for capital growth i’d be looking at Dunedin in the South Island and Hamilton in the North Island.

But obvously it depends what you want to achieve and where you are in you investing plan, if you want cash flow i’d be mentioning a lot of places in NZ (but i can’t mention them here as i’m trying to buy there myself and for others)

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Monopoly, what’s Dear Park like in Melbourne?

@monopoly

Hi Jaffa,

Deer Park is about 19km West of Melbourne CBD. It has a high Asian community, and a population overall of approx 14,000 residents. The median house price (for a 3 bedder) is in the vicinity of 250K, which is still very affordable to many first home buyers and/or investors.

Over the last 12 months, sales have dropped somewhat, however it is still growing at about 8% CG per year (it was at 11% rate some 18 months ago).

http://www.brimbank.vic.gov.au/Page/Page.asp?Page_Id=341&h=1

Here what Robert Doyle has to say about Deer Park:

http://www.abc.net.au/ballarat/stories/s1074204.htm

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Battery Point, East Launceston, Surfers Paradise, Palm Cove and somewhere else to make up 5.

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

i wld go for a mixture off +ve cashflow and -ve geared.

melton (outside melbourne – big grwoth expected), melb docklands (im not kidding this time – hold it for the long haul), new zealand (anywhere – nice returns great place), box hill nth (melb – subrub near transport/ammenities/affordable ) and belgrave (melb dandenongs – cheap,undervalued, nice a cool, good rainfall, very attractive, baby boomers)

now to find 2 million dollars

Profile photo of TringTring
    @tring

Hello Monopoly;

What do you think of Footscray, Werribee, Maidstone, Maribyrnong and St Albans?

Regards
    Start

@monopoly

Hello Start,

Footscray, Maidstone, Maribyrnong all about 8km of CBD, proximity good to transport and as with any area <15km of CBD, you can’t go wrong.

St Albans, still only 17km and Werribee a bit further out at 28km from CBD, however both have been undervalued for a long time, and IMO (as well as a few reports over the last 18 months) are long overdue for CG which is highly favourable.

Cheers,

Jo

P.S. If these areas interest, consider Niddrie as well; close to Essendon, near the airport and great racecourse nearby!!!

Profile photo of davcamdavcam
    @davcam

Where in SE Qld?

Profile photo of waynel2waynel2
    @waynel2

Anyone got any hot spots in WA??

Wayne Leech

*Below are links to my websites – any feedback, comments would be appreciated:)
    http://www.landsearcher.com.au – List your land for FREE (Private sellers only)
    http://www.homesearcher.com.au – List your property for FREE (Private sellers only)

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hey Wayne, you are too busy renovating to keep looking.
    Let me know when you are over it….. I certainly am.. heheh.[biggrin]

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Well for WA….

for captial gains I’d still pick Rockingham and Mandurah

for +ve cashflow I’d pick Merredin, Geraldton (if you can find any left) and Kalgoorlie (if you can whether the ups and downs of the mining industry).

PK

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi PK,
    I think you are spot on there.[biggrin]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo
    Originally posted by Monopoly:

Footscray, Maidstone, Maribyrnong all about 8km of CBD, proximity good to transport and as with any area <15km of CBD, you can’t go wrong.

St Albans, still only 17km and Werribee a bit further out at 28km from CBD, however both have been undervalued for a long time, and IMO (as well as a few reports over the last 18 months) are long overdue for CG which is highly favourable.

Cheers,

Jo

P.S. If these areas interest, consider Niddrie as well; close to Essendon, near the airport and great racecourse nearby!!!

Ok well that’s my end of town – the western suburbs…I’ve lived there all my life…here’s what I believe…

Niddrie, Keilor, Essendon – good on the uprise, better area than the others as Deer Park, St. Albans, Sunshine etc. Although I believe Essendon will come up slightly more in CG than Keilor.

St. Albans – hard to get +CF but excellent for CG as most of the houses are run down and old. The property market has boomed and the prices of in this area are not the best although you could get great deals. St. Albans would be the best area for Reno’s (Fixer Uppers) – all you’ll need to do is spend approx. 20-30k and the you’ll make a killer on the CG.

Deer Park – there are two sides to this (much like Steve’s experience in Ballarat with two different kinds of properties on either side of the road). The old side in which Brimbank Central Shopping is situated is below price selling for 180k to 280k. The new area (Cairlea) is way overpriced. I went and checked out a tiny double story on the tiny tiny artificial lake late last year and it was priced for 450k. The others are going for 300k+ – the residents there think there in Taylors Lakes – its a joke – definetely not a good investment although many from old Deer Park and selling and moving across the road to the new area.

Footscray is good for capital since its so close to the city. Small apartment/townhouse on Footscray Rd and Geelong Rd (in footscray) going for 300k. The city has alot to be done in it in the next 20 years so this is perfect for CG.

Anyway – just my opinion.

Take care and God Bless,
    Kind Regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.