All Topics / Forum Frolic / Do you work 50+ hours per week?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Apparently 50% of Aussies work 50 or more hours per week and 20% work 70 or more hours per week.

Also we’re supposed to work the longest hours in the Western World. How many do you do? I do about 30-40 a week.

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

actaul work – about 10 hours per week. time in the office and logged in from home where im constantly looking for deals/concluding deals – 60 hours perweek. so technically 60 hours per week.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

only 33 hours a week working, few hours a day trading, few hours a day on the phone…and some how tie in all the rest…

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

G7,

I think it’s also about “reward for work”. A friend of mine works about 90 hours a week, but she also gets 165k per year, and invests that back into property. I have other friends who work about 70 hours a week because of the nature of their work- it’s expected of them. I work far less than that, but my wages reflect that also.

kay henry

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

I work about 70 hours a week + about 3.5 hours a week reading the forum. Sometimes more.

In my spare time I like to sleep and look at the ocean, he he.

Purse

Profile photo of BarnseyBarnsey
    Participant
    @barnsey

I work 91 hours a week, for two weeks and then nothing at all (not paid work, only gardening etc. at home) for two weeks.

Regards

Patrick

The dumbest question is the one you don’t ask.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Maximum of 40 hours per week, but got a day off every 4 weeks. I don’t want to work more than that because that is how they pay me. If they want me to work harder then they have to pay me more.

When I look at my payslip I tend to work less and less, but when I look at portfolio I tend to spend more time on it.

Kind regards

Jet Dollars
    “Ask and you will receive. Seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

hhhmmmm….I don’t think I work…I spend most of my non-working hours watching TV and the rest of my hours day-dreaming what Im gonna watch on TV…[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

How many hours do I “actually” work???

Hmmmmmm….well it used to be about 10-15 hours (from home) but now I’ve taken on a more active role in the Women’s Refuge and that means anything up to 30 hours (sometimes more, but certainly nowhere near 50 hours; I don’t think I could survive that these days)!!!

Normally, most would say an increase in hours is a bad thing, but I am quite happy about it, and enjoy giving my time to these women who desparately need support to get them back on their feet. I am “on call” 7 days a week too for when they get new arrivals, and although getting a phone call at 2am can be tough, when you are face-to-face with these women, you see their suffering, you forget the time, how tired you are or that your hair is sticking upright like a parrot’s!!!

So yes, as many have said before, work can have its “rewards” and the transformation of these women makes it all worth it!!!

Jo

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey Monopoly,

you must have a strong heart and spirit to do that kind of thing – and to be able to handle the pressures…good on ya – u should tell us motivational stories that your involved in more often…

kind regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

@monopoly

Thanks Geo,[blush2]

I can tell you one thing for sure, facing these women is very humbling; when you see their battered faces/bodies you soon come to realise that what you have is sooooo much more, and (if you’re not religious) you at least come to a better place within your soul.

It is definitely the most “rewarding” work I have EVER done, and if it means sacrificing my time, then it is a small price!!!

Only real sadness though, is that many of them go back to their abusers, thinking all will be better “this time” only to return to us in a few months, worse than before!!! That part is sooooo FRUSTRATING!!!

Oh well, today is another story…….

Jo

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Wow – I reckon you should start a website and put these pictures and stories on there – I don’t know if your allowed with this kind of work but it sounds too amazing…goes to show how fortunate we are and how much we take for granted.

Do you do it voluntarily and how many women refugees come every week or month and from which parts of the world do the come from – sounds interesting…

@monopoly

Wow….slow down boy!!!

Website??? With pictures??? [shocked] Ummmm…definitely not possible!!! Confidentiality is a BIG issue, not only from my perspective, but for them too, even the women are not allowed to tell their “friends or families” where they are staying, as there are many women (and their children) in hiding from their abusive spouses!!!

As for how many come to the refuge, it varies some weeks there will be more than others; I am not certain of EXACT numbers, as (up till now) have not been there everyday.

My work at the refuge has always been voluntary, I don’t get paid; my choice. I still see people at home, that I do get paid for, but as for the refuge, seeing these women recover is payment enough!!! Heavens, I’m starting to sound like Mother T [lmao]….better stop there me thinks before people start worshipping!!!! [lmao]

Jo

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by geo:

That must be MLM with 1CellNet…LOL

Kind regards

Jet Dollars
    “Ask and you will receive. Seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

Hi all,

interesting to see that I don’t come across many students on here. Perhaps they are all just quiet??

I have 25 – 30 hours of classes each week, plus approximately that at home again studying (or in between classes at uni). I work 10 – 30 hours per week and volunteer at a clinic for underprivileged people a few hours per fortnight. Most days I’ll spend 1 – 2 hours searching the net for properties (and now also on this forum!).

Sleep is something I save for when I am on holidays. [biggrin]

[sleep2] Oops, dozed off.

Ali G

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald

6 1/2 days a week varying hours, gotta love the life of a new RE agent ( i hear it only gets worse as you get busier)
    cheers,

e x

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

Well, its 7 pm now and I’m still in the office working.
    And I’ll prob continue at home on my 2nd job.
    So work about 12 hrs a day on average.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

What kind of work do you do, bennido?

kay henry

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

I’m in the IT industry but slowly moving into the Property Investing industry … :)

Profile photo of MJTMJT
    @mjt

Hi, any shift workers??

I do 7am -7pm for 2 days then
    7pm – 7am for 2 nights then have 4 days off.
    If I try I can get 2hrs of solid reading in the crib room per day.[blush2]

If you can sleep throught the day your laughin.

Days off are for renovating, looking for IP’s & playing with the kids.

Used to be in retail management…50-60 hrs easily.[agro2]

Matt

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.