All Topics / Help Needed! / Development investmentquerie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of rmkrmk
    @rmk

Hi all, I am a newcomer who happened to find the site and am very impressed. Am flying solo apart from all the information i have crammed in and this is my scenario.

I require Cash positive investment

Found a Development opportunity in Queensland asking price is $820k ( for an existing house and land with subdivision approval for 5 separate blocks + existing property )

Appraisal value is $1.35M
    I have every indication that I can borrow $1million on this property

Now there are many scenarios I have gone over but I believe my least risk option is to purchase and sell almost immediately the five vacant blocks @ aprox $850k ( and yes I have a potential buyer )

Not being overly familiar with the all the tax implications and the fact that I would want to sell immediately the capital gains issues.

This would leave me with a large home in an area with a rental vacancy rate less than 2% near all amenities with expected rental income of $350 – 400 per week ( I would like to provide gardens and maybe housekeeping, a way of protecting property due to the nature of expected renters )

So basically subject to finance and valuation.

Property valued at $1.35M
    Borrow $1M
    Asking price $820K
    As far as I can ascertain closing costs in the vicinity of 60K with stamp duty / legals

Potential immediate sale of vacant blocks once i have ownership aprox $850K

Leaving me with a debt of aprox 150K and any other penalties taxes or whatever
    and a potential rental income of $400 per week

My safety net of $120k if all goes to hell in a bucket leaving me a 50 week breathing space (being able to repay loan until sales went through ) and if all goes to plan $120k to put to my next project.

Any advice and opinions gratefully apreciated

M – Qld

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi RMK

Sounds like a good deal. Are you sure about the finance tho?

$1 mil borrowings on $1.35mil val = 75% LVR

Based on purchase price this would be 122% LVR.

Borrowing on value would be possible, but this LVR is rather high. I am not saying it would be impossible, but just wish to point out it will be rather rare to go this high.

good luck

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of rmkrmk
    @rmk

Thanks – Well all indications are that yes i can and if need be i can add my home (val600k) but at this point the broker is not asking and i have a history with these guys and no issues. Will let you know how it pans out.
    Maureen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.