All Topics / Help Needed! / Way! offshore investments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of GoodideaGoodidea
    @goodidea

Does anyone know about accessing money for VERY positive cashflow properties outside of Australia say in the US or Africa?

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Suggest you approach HSBC about that… they are a global bank….. worth a try…..

Cheers

Scott

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

In general,

unless you have sufficient assets [security] in Australia to finance an offshore property via an Australian lender – subject to foreign regulatory approval and filing requirements;

are a permanent resident of the country of interest with sufficient assets [security] in that country;

or have a registered corporate entity with sufficient assets [security] in the country of interest,

it can be very difficult acquiring property in a foreign country.

The fact that the properties offer “VERY positive cashflow” is of little or no benefit.

— Michael

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

Being a dual citizen helps

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

Even as a “dual citizen” it is likely the factors I have highlighted will come into play – unless you permanently reside in the country where the property is being acquired.

— Michael

Profile photo of Henry_84Henry_84
    @henry_84

Hey GI,

My mother sells Aussie and South Afican investment properties and she knows all the details of how it all works. If you want I can send you her contact details, she might be able to shed a bit more light on the subject.

Cheers

Henry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.