Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

I know a few of you guys own property in Portland Victoria. Saw something that may interest you.

The Victorian Government is considering a $1.2 billion expansion of the Alcoa aluminium smelter at Portland.
    Mr Brumby said the expansion could include a third potline, which would boost the output of the smelter from 360,000 tonnes a year to 500,000 tonnes. Such an expansion would provide 1500 construction jobs and 200 production jobs and significantly boost the state’s export income.

While it is still early days this looks very good if you own in Portland, increased demand equals increased rent and house prices.
    Pity i don’t own there myself , but i’ve encouraged two friends to buy there so at least they mat benifit. I’ve been a big fan of Portland as it may also benifit from the port and its involvement with the mineral sands projects. Adding to the growing tourism of this seaside city.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

It’s a good spot,

There’s also the wind farm project.

regards,

Rod.

Profile photo of john howardjohn howard
    @john-howard

Has anyone heard of portland surgical products???? I think its known as the needle factory?? If so can you tell me anything about it??? where it is how big it is and anything else.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Guys

Rod thats correct a large windfarm project, there is also the manufacturing of some components which Caple Prince is building (I think), one other BIG thing in the pipe line is the prospect of a Huge Paper mill between Portland and Heywood, this would be a billion dollar project and may not happen for a decade but it was being talked about a while ago.
    John Howard sorry i’m not aware of what you are talking about.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.