All Topics / Opinionated! / Anyone use a Laptop?

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Jaffasoft

laptop died the other day… what a disaster, since then its been a bugger reinstalling all backups (there a state away and at mum’s), but most importantly out of all the backups, i never backed up emails recieved, dont know if anyone else does this, but now its being a regular routine, but it can be an honest real pain, if you dont have your emails no longer…

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Hi SiS

Thats why i use Yahoo.com.au as jaffa suggested doesn’t matter who your ISP is… i don’t use Outlook for personal stuff..
    i’ve had problems with Bigpond at work and have had to delete e-mails (possibly due to virus- wouldn’t let them through to my Outlook?)

Anyaway, i’m happy with Yahoo and i can check e-mails anywhere..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

“LapTop died” That’s a real bugger, I know what the lose is like, i put my trust in an installer one day and comleptly deleted all my work ( I never fully recovered from that.

If your LapTop died that seems pretty quick , what brand was it, maybee it was just your screen and you can tranfee the harddrive over two another one. But that’s a question for the techy’s, I’m not sure.

Ohh well good this you had most your stuf backed up. Yead that’s one of the reasons I have yahoo.com email because it can be web based email. There is a service which is pretty cheap $20 a year and you can also download all your email down to Outlook express.

Opps I gotto go the libariar is kicking me out of the libary.

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Jaffa how would you like to have a 2 way sat link with same features for $77/month. New govt legislation requiring all who want it to have broadband means they will subsidise the cost for remote localities so get onto

Greg Cowie of Newsat on 0412 243 572 or email him on
    [email protected] for all the details.

I was looking at it for Coffs Harbour coz Telstra said they couldnt guive me broadband 4klms from city centre. I got onto local MP after they finall said no 4 1/2 months after me applying, and with MP interest, they did it in 2 weeks. The bastards. Im now on adsl 512k and feeling im not at the end of the world anymore.

Go ask this guy he seemed pretty clued in when I met him at a telco conference in coffs 2 months ago. It cant hurt to try.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Thanks DD and good one!

I’d do anything to dodge Telstra.

Some of the smaller companies, which i haven’t heard of many, only the one you’ve just told me, usaully will be cheaper. (that’s been the case with ISP providers for the normal 56K in the past)The Battlers as i call them who are just starting up often offer better deals in anything.

This would be great http://www.newsat.com.au/mobile_at_sea.asp it’s still a big installation cost though. nearly $3,000 up front! Suppose it’s ok if you can afford it, straight up. But $76 a month once running is good, on average i ussaully use 560MB a month. Don’t know why they don’t just give unlimited.

I wish Austar would start up a 2 way satilite, i was hoping they would use the satilite that’s already in use, like the one on peoples roofs. They do have Internet services but not two-way sat. Then this would be cheap installation and free a lot of the times (esp if already have an dish on your roof). Anyway something will happen, the competition will bring the prices down and the demand as well i suppose as it grows.

Thanks for the web site will keep an eye on them!!

SIS I might be in Sydney soon, might come around and see you!

Profile photo of murph38murph38
    @murph38

Hi Jaffasoft.
    Don’t know about the rest of Australia, but in Townsville, there is wireless broadband. You pay $59 a month for unlimited time but 250Mb limit or $69 a month for 1Gb limit. Most of the city can access and all they do is send you out a small modem which plugs into a USB port and hey presto, you have wireless broadband internet access. They are installing towers (similar to mobile phone towers) throughout the city. Maybe there is something tlike this in your area. Just a thought..
    Paul [whistle]

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Hi Paul,
    No these is nothing like that here, though it makes sence for living in a town area or region to have the towers same as a mobile phone.

I want to be able to travel Australia and just use Internet anywhere, if it’s not too much to ask. Might as well kill two burs with the one stone since i want it to eventually travel The Murray via houseboat and travel as well. So to solve all problems, might as well get something dymanic and viable to travel and use.

Wireless sounds perfect for ‘in town’ set ups.

As far as what i want? it will happen. Actauly it’s already happening, i’ve just got to find the right price :).

Jaffasoft

Positive Cashflow Financial Analysis Calculator Online

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.