All Topics / Value Adding / Cost of road and kerb

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Does anyone out there have any ballpark figures for what it costs to build a road. Assuming no major earthworks are needed, about how much (per sq metre) would an ashpalt road be, and how much (linear metre) a concrete kerb?

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Time for me to answer my own question!

Well wrappack, today, wrappack was, like you, out looking for opportunities. On yapping to a next door neighbour, who had been doing a bit of subdividing, he mentioned that he had just put a road in a few years ago.

Like you, wrappack, wrappack always tries to carry his trusty 8m pink Lufkin measuring tape around. He whipped it out, and after a few calculations, and guestimates for inflation, I arrived at the magic figure of

$150 per square metre. (this is hotmix, not the ashhpalt on top)

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

The road right next to my parents house was sealed about 10 years ago. They live on a corner and paid about $1400 for about 40 meters, if their address was on the road being sealed it would have been about $14000. For houses on the new road, costs started at about $7000 for a 20 meter street frontage.
    It was not a major road, just a road that would squeeze 2 commodores side by side on it and one with those wavy gutters that are sort of like an S shape. I’m not too sure about major earthworks or anything though. Hope this helps, G7

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

I had some kerb and channel done a few weeks ago and all the quotes were around $90 lineal per metre.For asphalt we pay around $100 per square metre for a hot mix,not a spray seal.This would only be light duty though,say for a driveway.A public road would cost significantly more because of the preperation underneath required.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.