All Topics / General Property / Chelsea Vic Info

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni

Hi
    Does anyone know chelsea vic
    looking at investing there any info apreciated

looking at 2br unit near beach
    Thank you

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Kaloni,

Yes Chelsea is one of those lovely bayside suburbs next to Seaford, but a fair bit more costly.

It is an older but very well established area, with great beachfront homes.

Definitely worth considering!!!

Jo

P.S. Kaloni, I have sent you a PM with further details.

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni

Geezz that was quick
    Under 2 minutes

Thank you JO

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

My views on Chelsea.

If its beachside of the rail – go for it. I reckon its an underrated area. Well I reckopn everything beachside of the rail in underrated.

If its the city side of Thames Promenade its ok.

If its the frankston side of thames Promoande – i have my doubts. There are units everyhwere and its a bit of a battlers area.

If I was looking in that area for a 2 bed unit, unless its beacshide, I would pay a little extra for around Mentone or South Frankston.

I live in Aspendale.

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni

Hi Yack
    Thank you
    I guess who better to ask than a person who lives around the corner
    property i was looking at street runs off the railline and closer to edithvale

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

Off topic …

I went to the Chelsea town once and found the people there a bit rough in general. Of course, there are the exceptional rich people who live by the beach but I am talking generally here.

For Melbournites, don’t you think the suburbs with the more pleasant names are generally the rougher ones ? … Sunshine, Broadmeadows, Deer Park, Springvale, Wyndham Vale, Dandenong, etc …

When I hear those name, leafy greeny bright places comes ti mind

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by bennido:

For Melbournites, don’t you think the suburbs with the more pleasant names are generally the rougher ones ? … Sunshine, Broadmeadows, Deer Park, Springvale, Wyndham Vale, Dandenong, etc …

No, not at all….besides what’s in a name??? Interesting concept though…

When I hear those name, leafy greeny bright places comes ti mind

Sorry Bennido, I can’t say that happens for me, but hey, if it works for you….[specool]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Can I tell you a story.

I grew up in Mentone and attended schools there. When I got my licence 1983 – we went away for a canoeing weekend and had to pickup a canoe from Aspendale. I thought what a shitty area. Now I live around the corner and always drive pass the house where I picked up the canoe.

So back in 1983 i never imagined I would be living in Aspendale.

Chelsea is still a bit rough around the edges. There are many units on the Frankston side of Thames Promenade.

Beachside is undervalued and not appreciated in the eyes of Melbournians I reckon. After all Aspendale, Chelsea etc were like Rye, Rosebud is today. A holiday area where you did not spend alot of money on the house unlike Kew, Hawthorn etc.

My Dad grew up in Highett and people used to go on their holidays by train to SEAFORD. You gotta laugh now when I hear that story.

Personally I reckon those surburbs from Mordialloc to Frankston will boom. Low income earners are being squeezed out as people are starting to appreciate the bay/beach and the train/transport.

Many of my mates have moved into Aspendale/Edithvale/Chelsea. I am 400m to train station and 500m to beach.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi,

I think that everything on the beach side of the Nepean Hwy to Mordialloc and everything on the beech side of the train line thereafter is attractive, with exactly where you choose depending on how much you are willing to spend. There is a long term trend in population movement towards the beach, and all of these suburbs will be major beneficiaries.

Regards
    Alistair perry
    http://www.town-planning.com.au

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.