All Topics / General Property / Selling your property? Pleaase help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of daaussiedaaussie
    @daaussie

Well has anyone tried to sell their property themselves without an agent?

I have several investment properties and I have finally found my dream house. However, in order to buy it I have to sell one of my property investments.[angry2]

I started by getting a website (1 pager) designed and will soon advertise in the papers – if you want to have a look at it email me at [email protected] and I will send you the site address. [biggrin]

Any tips on how to market a property and to get this out to all the buyers out there/?????

I’ve already had offers of $145,000 for it within 1 day of advertising but I want to actually spread it out on the market becuase it is a good investment and i expect to get more for it.

Best wishes
    Alex

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

My advice would be to put a sign out front and some ads in the local paper.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Alex

i’ve never sold without an agent. But i’ve bought a few that were for sale privately and on all occasions they got way under what an agent would have got for them. So i’d make sure you know the real value of your home. Don’t try to save $6,000 and end up selling it for 15k below market.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Why do you feel you need to sell something?

Are you 100% sure this is the case? If you would prefer to keep all your properties but feel finance is the issue then please confirm this with a reputable broker.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of daaussiedaaussie
    @daaussie

Hi a few people have asked to view the place – so I have posted a few pics up for you guys on

http://www.geocities.com/daaussie/sale

Alex

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

The site is unavailable

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

daaussie,

Would you mind just sending people the link privately, as you had suggested you would do? There’s a no advertising policy on here, for houses and stuff.

You could try somersoft.com They have a caveat emptor section where you can advertise your property.

daassie, as to selling privately, you might be interested in buying this book, which has just been written by Terry Ryder, called “Real Estate Without Agents.” It tells you how to sell without using agents.

http://terryryder.com.au/e107/content.php?content.1

kay henry

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

Selling without an agent can be a dangerous business. back in my younger days I sold a property myself – the place next door had just sold for $10k under what I advertised at and I thought I had a pretty good grip on what was happening, was thrilled to have recieved 30 calls on the first day. it wasn’t till months later I realised the market had become hot, I suspect an agent could have got an extra $20 – 30k, but hey I saved $10k in commission! The trouble with this age old debate is you will never know the outcome of what would have happened i.e. it will always be “an agent could have got me more”, or, “gee that agent cost me $20k and he sold it on the first day – what a rip off!” (somehow people feel better when their property struggles and the overworked agent finally sells it – yep got good value out of that agent). And to close with a cliche – “first offer’s the best offer”

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of daaussiedaaussie
    @daaussie

thanks guys – I’ve had a lot of unexpected interest already – I will PM some of you back

cheers
    Alex

Profile photo of shawtribeshawtribe
    @shawtribe

Alex
    Just a suggestion on your asking price /prices.
    When advertising your price nominate a firm asking price.As no one will offer you $165000 as a first offer they will all be offering around $145000 or lower as your advertised price is telling them.
    I.E with an asking price of $145000 you will most likely get an offer in the $130’s you will have no chance of getting them near the $160’s,
    Asking price of $165 000 most likely receive an offer in the high 140’s low 150’s
    I hope this suggestion makes sense.[thumbsupanim]
    steve

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i just advertised one of my IP’s as well. although the agent reckons it will sell between 153k – 158k. he wanted to advertise it for 159k. last bank valuation came in at 195k (february this year) but as prices have cooled in my neck of the woods (around 16%) 162k is a fair asking price, i’m only realisticly expecting 155k – 158k.
    cheers all
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.