Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of rebecca2rebecca2
    @rebecca2

We have just purchased our second reno. Most of the house is tiled with large grey tiles, that are fine but the grout is very dirty. I have tried scrubbing [sweaty] them with all the usual household cleaning products but they are still dirty. Has anyone got any ideas for me.

regards

Beck.
    “You have to leave your mouth open for a very long time before a roast chicken flys into it.” Early Proveb.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I have had some sucess with bleach left one for a while.

I also know of a comercial cleaner whouses a rotary lino floor polisher to clean tiles and grout.

Good luck,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Firstly use sandpaper to get the top layer of grout off, then use either a grout whitening texta or grout cleaner which are both available from any hardware store or simply regrout. Hope this helps… G7

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Tile shops have a grout cleaner that’s a mild acid, lives most dirt, although if the grout is thin then it’ll ift the grout too (found that out the hard way). Or you can buy a tool from the hardware to rip the group out and then regrout.

Whichever way you go, I’d suggest spending the time to seal the grout after you’ve got it clean. Most tile places and hardwares have the selaer, but forget painting it on with a small paintbrush like the instructions tell you. The quickest way I’ve found is to purchase a horse syringe froma farm supplies shop and simply squirt the sealer along the grout lines. Saves heaps of time.

Regards
    PK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.