All Topics / Help Needed! / Which websites are the best for pop.growth?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of kdwhalley@dodo.com.au[email protected]
    @kdwhalley-dodo.com.au

Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me an idea of where are the best websites for population growth in suburbs/towns etc? I’m looking to find my first IP.

Thanks Kim W[biggrin]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Kim,

Broad question because I am not sure if you are interested in a particular state or the whole country. The way I would do it is to go to google.com.au and type in “population increase Australia”. But if you have a state or a region, you’ll be able to find stuff quicker. Using google will mean you’ll be able to find every other report. If you were thinking south australia as a state, for example… you could go to google news and type in “population growth south australia” (or population increase) and if there’s been any news article, it will show up there. The REIV’s etc, will probably have press releases showing such things, but I use google as my research tool because it just brings up pretty much everything there is on the net anyway, and leads to further searches.

kay henry

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

I use the same technique as Kay Henry, although I first try to put ‘2003’ or ‘2004’ in the search line as you are more likely then to find current information.

Once you think you may have found a region to invest in try looking at council websites. They frequently have information about population growth and often expose you to other valuable information you may not have come across.

All the best, and if you find a ‘one stop shop’ for population growth please let us all know! [biggrin]

Cheers,

Ali G

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Start with the ABS.

Then look at local council sites.

That way you ensure the quality of the information. Google has links to a lot of outdated & inaccurate information.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.