All Topics / Help Needed! / Subdividing info

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Karl and RitaKarl and Rita
    @karl-and-rita

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how to go about subdividing, who to apply to?

Thanks

Karl and Rita

The only thing that limits us…is a limiting belief.

Profile photo of nordicskiernordicskier
    @nordicskier

A1. Contact your friendly Town Planner or Town Planning Customer Service Centre at the relevant Council. Each state and some councils have different rules.

A2. Where is the property – Council and State? I can then give further advice.

Improve your nordic skiing – become an accredited instructor with http://www.apsi.net.au/nordic

Profile photo of lisabellanlisabellan
    Participant
    @lisabellan

Hi,
    I subdivided last year in WA. I started by getting the plan from the local council, and finding out the local rules about sizes and zoning and contacting a surveyor to look over the plans and come out and measure up. He will be able to give you a plan that can be submitted for approval and depending on what sort of subdivision you are doing, (there are a few different types survey strata vs building strata) will be how you make the next decision. There is another forum where there is more detail from a couple of days ago. You will find more info/costs in that one.
    Hope this helps
    Lisa

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi,

In Victoria subdivision is handled by a surveyor. You may or may not require a planning permit first, but generally you do and also need to have commenced building.

I can’t speak about the situation in other states, although I suspect they are much the same as in Victoria.

Regards
    Alistair Perry
    http://www.town-planning.com.au

Profile photo of ez-rentez-rent
    @ez-rent

This may have some useful info for you (although now 3 years old..)

http://www.travismorien.com/FAQ/main.htm
    go to “real estate”, then “Some Tips from Paul” and “Some More Tips from Paul”

cheers

[email protected]

EZ-Rent. The free tax and cashflow simulator for Australian property investors. Version 2 out now!
    http://www.ez-rent.com

Profile photo of Mama2MiaMama2Mia
    Participant
    @mama2mia

Hi,

Just a quick question while on the topic of subdivisions…..are we allowed to get council approval for a subdivision and once approved start the earth and building works if we haven’t settled yet (ie. we have a 12mth settlement)??? Or do we need to have that block in our names on the title before we can start any work?? Hope this isn’t a stupid question but i can’t quite think of the answer…..logic’s telling me the block would need to be in my name before i can do any work on it even though we’ve got a 12mth settlement but i’m sure i’ve read somewhere before where people have sought permission from the vendors for access prior to settlement to do reno’s or show people through for those doing a WRAP or L/O…just not sure if the same rule applies to subdivisions or building???

Kim

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Kim,

I can’t answer your query completely, but I can clear something up. You do not have subdivide prior to starting building. Subdivision is the seperation of the titles and this usually occurs once building has commenced. If planning permission is required, you do need a planning permit prior to commencing.

Over to somebody else for the rest.

Regards
    Alistair Perry
    http://www.town-planning.com.au

Profile photo of noelsynoelsy
    @noelsy

howdy all, im thinking of subdivideing at the moment aswell in sw Victoria does anyone have any idea the costs involved in this, some rough estimates would be very helpfull in my decision to explore the option of subdivision.[thumbsupanim]

noelsy

Profile photo of skyeboyskyeboy
    @skyeboy

Noelsy,

There is an excellent topic in the ‘Developing made easy’ Forum called Subdivision costs please?

Skyeboy

Profile photo of noelsynoelsy
    @noelsy

Skyeboy,

thanks for that after a few minutes i found it still learning my way around here,it was just the info i was looking for,very helpfull thanks alot.[thumbsupanim]

noelsy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.