All Topics / Creative Investing / Buying from owner

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JeffBJeffB
    @jeffb

I have a property I am looking at, it is a private sale and the vendor wants about 10 to 15k to much according to me. If I can save money in other ways I could make the deal work out for me.
    What I would like to do is get the vendor to sell it to me on vendor finance, I will pay little or no interest and have a clause that I have to pay out the remainder after 5 years.
    If I do this I do not get title until 5 years, can I proceed and wrap this property now though? Any better ideas?
    This works good for me because the bank doesn’t know about it, and I am running out of equity to finance more deals.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Jeff

If you purchase the property via an installment contract you can’t on sell the property via an Installment contract because you don’t own the property, i.e. your name is not on the title.

With the co-operation of your vendor, you may get him/her to agree for you to lease the property. You could then possibly use a lease option but, again you may not be able to give an option on a property that you don’t own. Check with your solicitor.

Alternatively you could get the vendor to give you a second mortgage on the property for 20% of the purchase price. You then get an 80% lend from your bank and your existing equity is left untouched (except for costs). You then have the title in your name and can wrap it or L/O it.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of JeffBJeffB
    @jeffb

Thanks Paul
    I like the idea of them taking a second mortgage for the 20%.
    Can you tell me on here how I go about this, or where do I get info on how to set it up?
    Is it something my solicitor would know?
    Thanks
    Jeff

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Jeff, it definitely is something a solicitor should know – or be able to find details of! Yours may not have dealt with them before though…

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.