All Topics / Help Needed! / help me out with some ideas (pretty please)

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

I always though it referred to a mate of mine called Garry who used to be a little challenged in the height department but immensely strong.

Some people reckoned he worked out to compensate – but not where he could hear.

So for the local rugby games he used to carry around a milk crate.

His practice was to grab a decent position and when the game started he’d climb on the crate to see. Of course this always annoyed the people behind him who’d picked their spot because he was..er..shortish.

But if they challenged him for using the crate he was quite willing and able to pick up the offender and toss them out of the way.

Over time Gaz became quite well known for this practice, and regulars used to warn off newer spectators who would seek to take advantage of his short (but impressive) stature.

The regulars used to warn the newbies, “Watch out for Gaz’s hump”, referring to his milk crate.

Over the years this has been shortened into “Gaz’ump”.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Henry:

Here’s a definition from the REINSW:

http://www.reinsw.com.au/dir111/rei/ReiContents1.nsf/df9f267aa789c688ca25687d002a43b2/ba3d39c74fc82057ca256cd20002cea0/$FILE/Gazumping_.pdf

Very informative, and provides useful tips on how to avoid being Gazumped.

Cheers,

Jo

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.