Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of MrIronmanMrIronman
    @mrironman

Hi everyone

This sort-of has to do with property. I’m just hedging.

I trying to buy gold, silver and palladium bars and I’ve called ever coin dealer in melbourne (well nearly) and no one can help me.

Where do you buy gold, silver and palladium bars from???? (in Melbourne if possible)

Regards

Spiffy

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi ironman

this post may get deleted so i’ll share what i know, try the Perth Mint (No not in Melbourne), years ago there was acompany in melbourne called the Australian Gold Bullien Company.

Muppet likes the idea of silver, personally i rather the leverage of Gold and silver miners (ie Gold and silver stocks on the ASX), but i’m comming around a bit to Muppets thinking

regards westan
    PM muppet

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

i got my gold from the perth mint. you buy the ownership get a certificate and they keep it!!!

they have a website

or as westan said just buy up the stocks of one of the mineral companies..

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

From memory you can actually buy stocks in a company that just buys gold bars, each stock is issued at 1/10tb (so if gold was $500 an ounce you could pickup up a share for $50 and that would give you ownership of 1/10 of an ounce). The ASX code is gold.

Or just do what Aus suggested!!!!! (There could be hidden costs, or some sort of unprotected liability so check it out before hand!!!).

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of craigsedcraigsed
    Participant
    @craigsed
    Profile photo of vado55vado55
    @vado55

Hi,
    Im a coin dealer in Sydney. What i can tell is this, the palladium bars is a difficult metal to sell in Australia, gold is very popular and excepted all over the world. Someome mentioned the Perth Mint is a good place to buy your bullion,I agree, What i suggest you buy is gold Kangaroo nuggets, they come in a coin form anywhere from 1kg down to 1/20oz. They rally on its gold price and made from fine gold (so its like buying a chunk of gold). Good size to buy is 1oz and build up when you can.

vadim ozeransky

Profile photo of GrantH_1974GrantH_1974
    @granth_1974

Perth Mint is the place to go.

(P.S. My understanding is that gold etc are non-income producing assets, so if you are borrowing the money to buy them, you can’t claim the interest as a tax deduction).

Profile photo of Property WAProperty WA
    @property-wa

Hi MrIronman,

We have clients looking at a Gold Fund brought out by Merrill Lynch.

Minimum investment is around $5,000 and ML basically go out and invest in gold shares from around the globe. Just another option to consider alongside holding gold direct and buying shares direct.

Interesting to note that they say typically, for a 10% movement in bullion price, equities move between 20%-50%. Obviously that works on negative and positive movements.

Oh – and of course – in no way recommending or not recommending this or any other investment in any way, shape or form.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.