All Topics / Help Needed! / Incentives to help sell a property

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Leigh, there will always be people telling others are unprofessional, amateurs, whatever… because people do different things than they do [baaa]

tsk, tsk Kaye – you need to watch those snide asides, someone could take them personally & it would just not be right for a moderator to tarnish the reputation of this forum by starting flame wars [biggrin]

Dunno where you got professional vs amateur from anyway…remember, the Titanic was built by professionals [blink] – most property investors are amateurs, such as yourself Kay, so you shouldn’t be putting them down.

Leigh,

Freebies on apartments aren’t free. They represent a cost to you. If you’re buying a $7,000 plasma screen & throwing it in, make sure you buy it for half that price or less – otherwise you’d do better by dropping the price by $5K.

Making your apartment stand out in my experience (having done this a fair few times over the years) can be done by making it different.

There are many ways this can be done.

Get in a (professional) colour consultant & work out a colour scheme that makes yours more upmarket. Change the handles & benchtops. Put in some snazzy furniture on rental for the open days.

Giving away free stuff isn’t original or different, it’s the same boring idea that’s done by retailers like Harvey Norman.

Get attention by making the apartment attentionworthy!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Acey,

People are entitled to challenge me about any comments that I make, as they are about any forum member. As a Moderator, I speak my mind as does any other member. The only difference is that I remove advertising or comments that I assess to be abusive.

I would hardly have become a Moderator if the expectation was that I was to become a Stepford wife. Anyway, back to the topic… sorry, Leigh.

kay henry

Profile photo of siaccisiacci
    @siacci

Lease option it to some yuppy with high income and low net worth. Charge a premium for the unit on price but get excellent cashflow along the way. Make the payment high enough that they can refinance within a few years . Otherwise finance them the 10% deposit at a reasonable interest rate on an unregistered second mortgage(and caveat) for say 3-5 years. Or offer to pay the first 12 months interest on thier loan (just add it to the price). Just a few ideas.

Dave Siacci

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Good one Dave,

Something that no-one has mentioned is actually INCREASING the price.

That’s often a way to differentiate…people will rationale their own value.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Oh go on Leigh, be a sport, chuck in the steak knives pleazzzzzzzzzzzzz???!!!! [thumbsupanim]

Bad Boy Acey; play nice!!! There’s amateurs and then there’s amateurs; and I don’t class myself as either!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.