All Topics / Heads Up! / Peter Spann

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 169 total)
  • Profile photo of Peter SpannPeter Spann
    @peter-spann
    Originally posted by grega21360:

I did some figuring this morning and worked out using the 100% equity I have thus accessing 80% of the values of each property placing funds in a managed fund and Using a margin of 70% I should be able to turn a loss making property into break even or positive overall in terms of the investment tied up.

While of course I can’t check your figures you are certainly on the right track in terms of interpreting my thinking on the matter. You may like to check out http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16897
    for additional comments I have made on this topic there.

Profile photo of grega21360grega21360
    @grega21360

Thanks Peter,
    I can’t find the thread by searching the number.
    Is there another way or have I got the right number 16897.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Profile photo of Peter SpannPeter Spann
    @peter-spann

When I click on it I go straight there.

It’s very close to the top of “active threads” if you are looking for it

Profile photo of kay-witkay-wit
    @kay-wit

Hi Peter

I would like to attend one of your “millionaire magic” seminars but cant coz i do not live near a capital city. Was wondering if u could tell me which home study package contains all ur latest strategies on options and properties and will be the same as the seminar.

Thanks a lot

Regards
    Kay

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Kay..

have you had a look at Peter’s site http://www.freemanfox.com.au ?

have a browse of some of the success stories at the top left also.

By the way Peter you were well represented by your book at the front of http://www.investoriq.com.au stand at Perth’s Money Show.[thumbsup2]

By the way, 21st Century academy had the ‘best looking’ sales girls ( reminded me of Richard Bransons Virgin Brand)[oneeyed]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi Peter,
    thanks for the link to the thread noted in your post. It contains so much detail[thumbsup2]. I have printed off the entire thread — almost makes a book.

Your new book “$10 million property portfolio in 10 years” arrived in the mail today.

A stack of new reading awaits.[upsidedown]

Regards,
    Helen

Profile photo of grega21360grega21360
    @grega21360

While of course I can’t check your figures you are certainly on the right track in terms of interpreting my thinking on the matter. You may like to check out http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16897
    for additional comments I have made on this topic there.
    Thanks Peter,
    I have read the whole thread from beginning to end. Very encouraging and rather humorous as well.I am looking forward to the next discusssion with your support staff.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Peter

I am currently in Canada. I have just finished the Book. I have now read about 20 books on real estate. This is the best I have read. There is a section about positive cashflow properties and the current state of the property market. Unfortunately I am at my father in laws and the book is at my wifes grandmothers. But when I get the chance I will note the page reference.

ITS A MUST READ.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by yack:

Peter

There is a section about positive cashflow properties and the current state of the property market. But when I get the chance I will note the page reference.

ITS A MUST READ.

Hi Yack,

Pages 136-139

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of kay-witkay-wit
    @kay-wit

Thanks Redwing

But that link to home study course does not work in the website.it says page not found.
    will try again

regards
    kay

Profile photo of AblazAblaz
    Participant
    @ablaz

Peter
    I’m reading your book ATM and its a great read so far.
    just one thing i noticed though
    page 93 under the heading Security there seems to be a missprint error, it jumps from the topic of security, to somthing about luke rushing out to a fashion parade.
    is it just me am i loosing it?
    or have i got this one right?

Maybe its just my copy.

Regards
    Ablaz

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin
    Originally posted by Ablaz:

Peter
    I’m reading your book ATM and its a great read so far.
    just one thing i noticed though
    page 93 under the heading Security there seems to be a missprint error, it jumps from the topic of security, to somthing about luke rushing out to a fashion parade.
    is it just me am i loosing it?
    or have i got this one right?

Maybe its just my copy.

Regards
    Ablaz

At the start of the Chapter on Renovating for Profit, Peter is meeting with Luke. Probably should have been a spare line spacing and a new paragraph started of Luke rushing off. Tis a little confusing.[biggrin]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by Brenda Irwin:

At the start of the Chapter on Renovating for Profit, Peter is meeting with Luke. Probably should have been a spare line spacing and a new paragraph started of Luke rushing off. Tis a little confusing[/quote]

Yes, it is a layout issue.
    Oh well, in 67 reprints they will probably fix it.

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by yack:

I have just finished the Book. I have now read about 20 books on real estate. This is the best I have read. ITS A MUST READ.

Thanks for the compliment – glad you enjoyed it.

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by Henry:

Since that time we have added seven properties to our portfolio.
    Given that I am a fan can you really justify the sort of fees ie 3k for a workshop that takes place over a few days. These questions are quite common in these forums but I don’t think I have ever had the opportunity to ask the author/presenter for their personal opinion on what exactly I could gain for that amount of money.

Firstly, let me say congratulations on your success. That’s fantastic.

Secondly, I try not to buy into the argument about seminars and their “worth” as I obviously have a biased view and it is open season on seminar presenters and I prefer not to open myself up to pot shots. I also don’t feel it necessary to justify what I do, but your question seems genuine so I will attempt to answer as best I can.

Before I answer your question about seminars I must say our two seminars are priced at $498 (Millionaire Magic – our buy and hold seminar on shares and property) and $1,980 (Instant Income – our options trading seminar). Secondly, Freeman Fox is not a seminar company. We are Licensed Financial Advisers – 80% of our turnover comes from Financial Planning, Stockbroking and Finance Broking.

Do our seminars represent value? Well, of course we think so, but it largely depends on how much YOU implement after attending.

The best seminar on the planet priced at $25 is still a waste if you do nothing.

We survey graduates and even 2 years after attending over 20% say their experience was exceptionally valuable, over 40% of the people surveyed say they got value for money by attending, and over 30% say, while they have not done anything they blame themselves, not the seminar. That leaves about 10% who, in hindsight think the seminar was not valuable to them. I’m not sure if that is a good record or a bad record but I imagine just about any company with 91,000 clients would have similar results.

To me its horses for courses. Some people, like me, love seminars. Some people don’t.

The value is completely intangible.

Once I complete my next book on shares and options my entire strategy and probably more content than can be covered in my seminars will be in the books and available for less than $100.

But that can be said for Tony Robbins too – his two books cover so much more than is in his seminars (I’ve been to just about all of them) and his seminars are about $15,000 and yet he is the world’s most successful seminar presenter and thousands of people attend every year. I’ve read his books and I’ve been to his seminars and I think I have got value for money from both even though some people could never fathom paying that much money for a few days of jumping around and doing a spot of Tony worship!

So, you have to judge value for yourself, before you fork out your hard earned dollars by through investigation and research (as best you can) and, at least with our seminars during (because you can ask for a refund if you don’t like them – about 3% of people who attend do). But still, over 60% of people who attend our seminars come from referral so we must be doing something right.

Then you have to commit to yourself to action what you have learnt.

People who love seminars love the motivational environment, mixing with like minded people and hearing the information from the horse’s mouth.

In the end you are not paying for the presenter’s knowledge – there are no secrets (as much as some of us like to market that there are). I freely admit that there is nothing in my seminars you could not learn for free or at least with a minor investment, but you are paying for the person’s time and the infrastructure behind what they do.

We tried having external presenters do our seminars and cut the price significantly (because I get paid more then they do for presenting them) but less and less people turned up. We even tried doing them for free but less people came and even fewer became clients. So we went back to charging for what we do and I present most of our seminars again. Go figure?

If all you need is the knowledge, then books work very well. It you need a bit of a motivational sugar hit to help push you to the next level then seminars, with ethical and knowledgeable presenters can be very useful.

I hope this is an adequate answer.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Excellent reply Peter.

I’m also a seminar junkie, though my habit isn’t as “expensive” as yours yet.

I will be adding another $2.50 or so (book royalties) towards your next Ferrari when your shares book comes out. Hmmm thinking about vertical integration why not start your own publishing company so that you can get more of the pie?

Thanks for your contributions to the internet investing forums. Look forward to meeting you at one of your seminars perhaps :)

My personal seminar thoughts:

I have been evaluating the difficult question of seminar costs myself, and agree completely that their “value” or “worth” is very hard to pin down.

“You get what you pay for” This cliche is very misleading when it comes to seminars, some of the most valuable seminars I have attended in the last year have been the cheapest ones (I have attended 15 or more 1 hour or longer events).

I find it fascinating that when Freeman-Fox did the seminars for free that less people came along. Our biases when it comes to money are truly weird. Smart marketers know how to take advantage of us as well, using our biases and fears, and our greed.

The best measure I use when evaluating a seminars worth is to talk to as many people as I can and go in with my eyes open and wallet closed. I’m yet to attend any seminars run by sharks however, I think I’m too good at recognising sharks from a distance; living on the Gold Coast as I do.

There are wealthy and smart presenters out there who genuinely do want others to succeed, and every person has to put their own dollar value on the presenters time.

For me I could spend several thousand on a seminar and not lose any sleep if I found out I had wasted the money, for others this would be a huge hit to their bank balance and happiness. There is a line in the financial sand for everyone here.

I’m interested to hear that Peter Spann is another Tony Robbins disciple! I’m personally not sold on the prices he charges for his seminars, though I have read all of his books. Does the guy really need any more islands? Though I am thinking that it might be worth attending just once to see what it’s all about :) And you can get great deals on his tickets if you buy them off people nearer the presentation date I have recently discovered.

WaySolid

“Write the wrongs that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on marble.” Arab proverb

Perry
    Participant
    @perry

“Once I complete my next book on shares and options my entire strategy and probably more content than can be covered in my seminars will be in the books and available for less than $100.”

Hi Peter,

Just a quick question….when will this new book be release to the Australian public?

Cheers,

Perry

One who ask a question remain a fool for 5 minutes;One who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by Henry:

My reaction is a personal one so I won’t bore the other forum members.

Isn’t everybody’s reaction a personal one? [eh]

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by Perry:

When will this new book be release to the Australian public?

IF I deliver the book on time (running behind) it will be released into book shops about April 2005.

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by WaySolid:

Does the guy really need any more islands?

Err, can you EVER have too many islands? [biggrin]

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.