All Topics / Heads Up! / Peter Spann

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 169 total)
  • Profile photo of Peter SpannPeter Spann
    @peter-spann
    looking forward to your book – when is the big day of the release to the bookstores?

Should already be there – “How You Could Build a $10 Million Property Portfolio in just 10 Years”

Profile photo of Peter SpannPeter Spann
    @peter-spann
    SIS, once you read Wealth Magic, you definitely need to buy the latest one – $10 Mil property in 10 years… Also, talk to Jet – he’s done quite a few of Peter’s courses too….

Thanks Mel – your cheque is in the post!!! [biggrin]

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Just a quick question,

If I read the latest book, will I miss much from the first book ? i.e. are they a part 1 / part 2 kind of thing, or is the new book more of an update/expansion to Wealth Magic…

BTW – a small plug for another good book to read… Mike Litman – Conversations with Millionaires…… interesting discussions…..

CHeers

Scott

@peter-spann
    If I read the latest book, will I miss much from the first book ? i.e. are they a part 1 / part 2 kind of thing, or is the new book more of an update/expansion to Wealth Magic…

It helps to have read “Wealth Magic” so you know where I am coming from (and it’s a ripping good yarn – my mum rates it 5 Star!) but not critical as “How You Could Build a $10 Million Property Portfolio in jus 10 Years” is a stand alone book.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Peter,

I hope I don’t get into strife for saying so, especially on someone else’s site, but although I have never read ANY “investment” book (and have no interest in doing so) yours sounds like a MUST read!!!

After reading some of your comments both in here, but mostly in Somersoft, I have found you to be “good value” and I can only assume, your books would reflect same.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi all,

this question is directed at Peter Spann. You noted in an earlier post the following:

think “Brain” is the bestest EVER cartoon character.
    I subscribe to his uber-plan!

Who is Brain. What exactly is his Uber plan.

If anyone can answer — please feel free to enlighten me.[blush2][blush2][blush2]

Regards,[cap]
    Helen

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Peter Spann,

My property investment portfolios that I have build in the last 4 years kick start on my way to work where I listened to 104.1 today FM radio and heard your advertising for 4 hours seminar ($48) back in May’00. I heard it a few time before I decided to write the number down and book for a ticket.

During those 4 hours I listened to those strategy that you expand in which I never heard of before. I then decided to purchased your home study program, listened to it and bought my first investment property (no money down) after 3 months.

Since then my property portfolios growing everyday not with just negative gearing, but also positive cash flow as well.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for kick start my wealth building strategy toward financial freedom.

In my mind you are alway my first mentor (indirectly) and Steve McKnight and Louise Bedford are my other mentor.

Thank you once again and I am looking forward to reading your second book when time available.

Take Care.

Kind regards

Jet Dollars
    “Ask and you will receive. Seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by Monopoly: yours sounds like a MUST read!!!

After reading some of your comments both in here, but mostly in Somersoft, I have found you to be “good value” and I can only assume, your books would reflect same.

Aww, shucks – I’m running out of cheques!

Thanks – I always try (don’t always succeed by everybody’s standards) to offer value in everything I do.

If you do get around to getting a copy of “Wealth Magic” – the first book (saw one going for less than $10 on ebay today – better than finding your book in the $2 shop on the discount rack I guess) you’ll discover one of my life principals is to add value to every situation I find myself in.

Of course it is not original to me – I was at a Jim Rohn seminar when I first herd the concept and just about every highly successful person I have met since has espoused the philosophy so either we’re all going to the same seminars / reading the same books or it must be true!

@peter-spann
    Who is Brain. What exactly is his Uber plan.

Who is brain? Who is brain??????? Sheesh, I don’t know why I bother sometimes! [angry2] LOL

I have selected Brain as my avatar (I presume more than one person can have the same one?) as I love his ironic sense of humour and laconic purpose.

It’s one of those jokes that gets funny only after it is repeated many times so only true fans of the cartoons will find it funny…

Pinky (SIS’s avatar) and Brain are two mice.

Brian, obviously, is incredibly intelligent and Pinky is dumb as (sorry SIS – I presume you knew).

Every episode opens with Pinky asking Brain the very same question, “What are we doing today Brain?”

To which Brain replies, “What we do every day Pinky, PLOT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!”

And he would too except he is always foiled by Pinky’s ineptitude!

Each episode then is yet another amazingly well thought out, highly complex and doomed to fail plot hatched by Brain’s incredibly huge, well, umm, brain.

VERY funny if you like such stuff. [biggrin]

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by JetDollars: I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for kick start my wealth building strategy toward financial freedom.

Thanks so much for that feedback.

No matter how long I have been in this “game” and it’s now been a while (since 1991), I still LOVE getting positive feedback from people who have been involved with me in some way.

Some of our biggest success stories have come from little things.

Congratulations – keep up the good work – at this rate, who knows, you might just end up being rich! And you would deserve it – everybody deserves their dreams.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo
    Originally posted by JetDollars:

In my mind you are alway my first mentor (indirectly) and Steve McKnight and Louise Bedford are my other mentor.

Hey Peter – another cheque for JetDollars – hehehe – u can send me one too. Anything you send, I’ll accept willingly. If JetDollars signage is true

“Ask and you will receive. Seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

– then WOW Im asking for anything, a cheque, a book – hehehe.

Im on internet all day and hardly have the time to go to Dymocks – I’ll find an alternate way to get the book but knowing my procrastination, I’ll probably won’t end up reading it.

Kind Regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

A comment on negative gearing. I think it’s as unreliable as positive gearing, to some extent. I went to visit an old stomping ground today… cheap 60’s red brick unit for 235k renting at $165- that’s a little over a 3% yield. Knowing that area like the back of my hand, I doubt there will be much of a price rise for that and similar units… so one is sacrificing yield, for no guarantee of growth. If one wanted a 5% yield, there would be no point of offering 165k for the unit- it just isn’t market price in the area.

I think sometimes we presume that poor yields, and NG’ing means that we will get growth. The best way to get growth, is for the fundamentals to apply- location and quality of IP. With people now more aware of the link between yield and price (thanks to Steve’s book etc), people will see properties that have really poor yields as a high risk.

kay henry

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

<<I think sometimes we presume that poor yields, and NG’ing means that we will get growth>>

In my 23 years I have learnt to “presume” nothing; I have ALWAYS bought property with the “fundamentals” to which you refer Kay; being “Location and Quality” (although heavier on the former than the latter) for without them, regardless of whether the property is highly positive or negatively geared, you risk being stuck with a lemon!!!

One property I purchased many years back had a 2% yield, but it was in the beginning of my journey, and was all I could afford; I cringed with the thought of paying 175K but I knew the area (as you said) like the back of my hand; the location was second-to-none, and the quality was rock solid. Needless to say, I sold it 10 years later for a whopping 925K shocked2] Trust me….I had no expectations of such growth, certainly not of that size (not even in my wildest dreams)!!! Go figure….[whistle]

Jo

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Finished peter’s book and enjoyed it immensely, i recommend it..

Even if your + geared focused i recommend it for some of the property information contained within.

Peter- send another cheque Melbear and Jet$ way…

SiS..I still like the balance offset gearing offers, some rural ip’s are great for me depending on location..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i went looking for the book in dymics here in canberra, cant find the bloody thing.
    oh well i will keep looking! might have to buy it online, damn i will have to sort out my credit card first!
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of ShiftersShifters
    @shifters

Shaunwalker,

You can get Peter’s new book at Collins, downstairs in the Canberra Centre. I got it at the weekend and am half way through it. It’s a good read for the novice, although the ‘wealthy friend’ is a bit Robert Kiyosaki’s ‘rich dad’, and I doubt if any one of them really exist.

Shifters

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Gurus and their imaginary friends… dear oh dear… I wish they’d just write “this book is a parable” instead of the ruse. Khouri didn’t get away with it- perhaps RE investors don’t care so much.

kay henry

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by Shifters:
    It’s a good read for the novice, although the ‘wealthy friend’ is a bit Robert Kiyosaki’s ‘rich dad’, and I doubt if any one of them really exist.

Ahh sceptics, you know what they say – “A sceptic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing!” [rolleyesanim]

Perhaps you should go straight to the Epilogue or maybe you need to read the Epilogue in “Wealth Magic”?

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Gurus and their imaginary friends… dear oh dear… I wish they’d just write “this book is a parable” instead of the ruse. Khouri didn’t get away with it- perhaps RE investors don’t care so much.

Unusually sceptical from you Kay – oh well, to save you the effort of digging it out and reading it, here’s a direct quote from “Wealth Magic”, “My Wealthy Friend is not one person, but a series of people, mentors, characters, situations, books, seminars, learning’s, and self-reflection, all of which have helped me develop my technique of investing and living life”.

The Epilogue also goes on to explain that the story is based on my life but is not a auto-biography – that would be waaaaaaaaaaay too boring. [sleepyanim]

My question is, “why get caught up on such trivialities though?” The “Wealthy Friend” is an easy and simple editorial tool that implies wisdom and removes the ego of crediting myself with all the skills and knowledge that have been imparted to me over the years.

Anyway, don’t we all need an imaginary friend every now and again? [blush2]

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Peter,

Unfortunately some people get too tied up with the minute details of a book….. Thinking it’s a HOW TO book instead of a HOW I DID IT…..

And the funniest thing about it is…. very often they are the people who are yet to be truely wealthy….. Everyone does things differently….. it’s about MINDSET…..

Assuming Kiyosaki’s rich dad is not real, I would applaud you for being honest and open about it….. even though it’s a moot point……

Cheers

Scott

PS – Did you know none of the bookshops in Singapore have your books….. Looks like I’ll have to get some sent up….. am currently expanding my library…..

Next on the reading list :

1. Think & grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
    2. Richest man in babylon
    3. Wealth Magic + yr new book….
    4. Creating Wealth – Robert Allen

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.