All Topics / Heads Up! / Peter Spann

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 169 total)
  • Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Melbear,

Try:
    The Little Pot of Gold edited by JetDollars

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of GreatPigGreatPig
    @greatpig

Monopoly (and everyone),

To avoid running off the page with large URLs like that, you could try this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/429z7

See http://tinyurl.com

GP

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Mel,

saw ‘little pot of gold’ a while back at local bookshop..i’ll have a 2nd look for you.

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Peter SpannPeter Spann
    @peter-spann
    Originally posted by melbear:

One quick question – it says all over the book that your ‘other’ books Wealth Magic and Little Pot of Gold. I’ve not seen Little Pot of Gold anywhere…. Is it not as readily available in all ‘good book stores’? From the price tag I’m guessing it’s a pocket type book?

Yes, it is a “pocket book”. It is quotes from “Wealth Magic” – cure little book – excellent “stocking suffer” and created by a young editor at Harper Collins who got noting apart from a small royalty from sales so if you have somebody you think might like it…

Profile photo of ExpatExpat
    @expat

Um yeah so the answer is ?
    [cowboy2]
    Regards
    Expat

Profile photo of ErikaErika
    @erika

Hi Expat
    Are you waiting for Peter S to tell you it is time to buy, only you know if it is time to buy property. I am a Peter Spann graduate and the main thing I have learnt is that you make you own deals, keep looking and you will find.
    Erika

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by Expat:

Um yeah so the answer is ?
    [cowboy2]
    Regards
    Expat

Sorry – must have been a SNAFU

My answer goes something like this…

There is no doubt that capital growth will be limited in most areas of Australia in the next few years.

In fact some areas have already gone backwards, but this is just natural correction of the normal over exuberance shown at the end of the property cycle.

Interest rates are likely to be heading up – most annalists I respect are saying a limit of about 10% this time – which is never a healthy market for property.

So, if you need immediate capital growth you are really going to have to look for it.

My view is that I am a long term investor and although capital growth is my game I don’t need it immediately as a justification to buy.

I’m not a cash flow investor (and that comment is likely to get me thrown out of this forum immediately!), and I explain why in my book, so that doesn’t bother me either.

The flip side to all this doom and gloom is that this type of market can offer opportunities to those who are brave of heart, entrepreneurial in their approach, and prepared to sit out the worst of it, if it comes.

And, at the moment you can find quality property at genuine bargain prices – and I can’t remember the last time that happened.

I mean people are actually negotiating with buyers at the moment, not lining them up to pick who to accept an over inflated offer from – who’d of thought???

The vendor of a property I was looking at to buy recently had it on the market for $5 million – I bought it last Thursday for $2.8 million (and still think I could have extracted a bit more if I was prepared to let it go but this was prime, prime land with extraordinary potential and an OK income in the interim so I wasn’t about to let it go).

Deals can be done, and this is exactly the environment where I am at my best.

In the last few years I have been buying no better than anybody else and like everybody else the market has done most of my work for me.

The next few years will, in my opinion, sort the sheep from the goats.

Those of us who have been through a few cycles have been waiting for this moment and are poised to take advantage of it.

I will rejuvenate where necessary and where I believe it will add value but I will not be going overboard.

So my strategy is mostly to property bank over the next few years, just buy as bargains present themselves – be patient, negotiate hard and not overstretch. This way when the market takes off again in a few years I’ll be ready to take advantage of it. I’ll fix my interest rates as I go along and happily look at my growing portfolio.

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by Erika:

Hi Expat
    Are you waiting for Peter S to tell you it is time to buy, only you know if it is time to buy property. I am a Peter Spann graduate and the main thing I have learnt is that you make you own deals, keep looking and you will find.
    Erika

And this is a VERY good point.

I made my first million during the recession “we had to have”.

Lucky I had nobody to ask advice from – they would have probably told me to stay out.

And I remember that in 1997 most annalists were saying that it was all over for property – sheesh, if I’d stopped buying then I would have missed the greatest property boom we’ve seen in ages.

Buy when its right for YOU to buy.

Profile photo of ExpatExpat
    @expat

Thanks mate for the response, see I agree completely in the LONG run you cannot lose but its in the next 5 years is where im concerned one wrong move and… but thanks alot for your response Ill take it underadvisment.

On a lighter note i recently raised your strategy of leap frogging with my grandparents and they laughed and told me they use the same strategy (albeit with using there equity in there own property instead of renovation/equity formula)over 30 years and aquired about 20 houses.

Regards
    Expat

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Peter – thats good advice – I agree. Its similar to the advice offered by Jan Somers.

Steve is more into the positive cashflow properties from rural/regional areas which have a lower cost, positive cash flow at the expense of growth. Thats fine if you got no income and want to start from nothing.

But in my view – buy quality properties that grow over time.

Participant
    @redwing

Peter is also into shares as well as property, Steve has also mentioned he has used Marketmad…

Individual strategies depend on individual circumstances, i believe it’s like advice..listen to everyone and take whats usefull to you.

If the economic climate changes i.e Interest rates rise etc, well then you have to re-evaluate your strategies slightly. Me i believe in a ‘balanced approach’.(think SiS’s Offset Gearing)

Peter’s not into + geared rural IP’s and Steve has made a fortune from them ??

Conversely Peter believes in – Gearing and Growth, amongst other things, and he’s made a fortune from that ??

[grad]lessons in both

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Peter Spann:

I’m not a cash flow investor (and that comment is likely to get me thrown out of this forum immediately!), and I explain why in my book, so that doesn’t bother me either.
    [/quote]

Now, where is that ‘block Peter’ button[exhappy]?

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey is there a website for Peter Spann where you can purchase his books or materials – thanks

kind regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Participant
    @redwing

Geo search for freemanfox

REDWING

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Thanks Redwing

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by geo:

Hey is there a website for Peter Spann where you can purchase his books or materials – thanks

Just a quick click on the www at the bottom of any of my posts will take you there – thanks for your interest.

Ironically we don’t stock my property book – “How You COuld Build a $10 Million Property Portfolio in just 10 Years” – you’ll have to get that from a book store, but everything else we have is there.

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by redwing:

Individual strategies depend on individual circumstances, i believe it’s like advice..listen to everyone and take whats usefull to you.

I agree – the most important thing is to find a strategy that:
    1. Works
    2. You like
    3. You stick to long enough for it to pay its results.

There are many (fun) ways to skin a cat!

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Peter,

It might be a bit of a headache at the beginning but I would suggest having a shopping cart on your site with all your products like this site has. I realise you have a shopping cart but its just a suggestion to include your new book on there. It’s much easier for us to purchase online with a Credit Card and sales would thus increase for you aswell.

Kind Regards,
    George.

@peter-spann
    Originally posted by geo:

I would suggest having a shopping cart on your site with all your products like this site has.

Thanks – I know it’s not obvious on the site but we actually do – just scroll right and where it says “Read the Book!” click on the “On Line Shop” text and you’re in.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that – I was just looking at the seminars you hold. I realised that your ‘Millionaire Magic – Melbourne’ seminar was on the5th and 6th June at the Crown Promenade.

Will you be conducting another one soon and if so – are you able to inform us of it – thanks.

Kind Regards,
    George.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.