All Topics / Forum Frolic / Mark Webber to Williams

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Just in case you haven’t heard, Australian Mark Webber (the current Formula 1 driver for Jaguar) has signed for Williams in 2005. At this stage he will stay at Jaguar until the end of the year.

I reckon it is unreal as we will definitely see Mark on the podium next year and I’m tipping top 5 in the drivers championship in 2005.

Both Williams and Jaguar reckon he is a future World Champion too.

Go Mark

P.S. In case anyone doesn’t know his story, he was out of money when car racing in Europe when he was in his early twenties and David Campese (Wallaby legend) loaned him $100K to help him get back racing and into a team. They became good friends as they both grew up in Queanbeyan.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome and well preserved body, but better to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming . …… Hell, what a trip !!”

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Good stuff rubgyfan, nice story to go with it. Shows we all need a little help from time to time.

Lets hope we can see someone different Michael Schumacher isn’t really helping the sport with his domination.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

GO MARK GO !!!!

FINALLY a top class drive in a real team……

Mark MORE than deserves this…. he has worked damn hard over the years…..

Did anyone see the horifying pic of him in his Mercedes sports cars at Le Mans……

I’m telling you this guy has BIG…. did I mention B I G balls……

:-P

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I agree Pelican

Anyone who can walk away from not just one but two separate backflips at more than 200km/hr and then continue racing must have huge brass ones!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome and well preserved body, but better to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming . …… Hell, what a trip !!”

Profile photo of BarnseyBarnsey
    Participant
    @barnsey

Did you see the bit in today’s Herald Sun?
    Webbers team mate will be Jensen Button who said he(Button) thought Webber was second only to Schu in skill! Will Mark do an Alan Jones with Williams? Hope so. Couldn’t be any better for me as a pom living in Oz.

Regards

Patrick

The dumbest question is the one you don’t ask.

@rugbyfan

Button will be as long as BAR don’t take him to court.

Sounds like Jenson pissed off quite a few people in Britain and BAR.

I read somewhere that at the beginning of the year Sir Frank Williams said that his ultimate team would be Button and Webber. At that stage he knew he would need two drivers for 2005 but had no idea who they could get.

I guess when you have been invloved in F1 for as long as Sir Frank, you get pretty cluey in what is possible and what is just wishful thinking!

Profile photo of BarnseyBarnsey
    Participant
    @barnsey

Rugbyfan
    As I understand, Button was on long-term loan to BAR from Williams. Yes, you’re right he has pissed off a bunch of bodies everywhere.

Regards

Patrick

The dumbest question is the one you don’t ask.

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Button is now in danger, as, IF the contract recognition board rule against his move, he’ll lose his super licence….

exit stage right, career over……..

IF he does make it to Williams, I still feel that Webber will be faster than Jenson……

@rugbyfan

Bernie is just flexing some muscle and showing he is still numero uno in the sport.

There is no way he would make that happen because he would face such a backlash from the British public at a time where Silverstone is going through a rough patch.

Jenson will race for Williams next year, BAR will get over it (maybe Coulthard or heavens forbid Hakkinen) and it will be a cracker of a season IMHO.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.