All Topics / Help Needed! / Who is a great accountant in Melbourne?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of swinysswinys
    @swinys

We have recently arrived in Melbourne from NZ. Any recommendations for a decent accountant?

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi swinys,

Welcome to the forum and to Oz!!!

The first name that sprung to mind was one of the people in here, Stuart Wemyss.

I already have my own (long term) accountant, but if I ever decide to switch, I would definitely consider turning to Stu; he seems very down-to-earth and knows his stuff. He writes for API (Australian Property Investor) magazine, and has won national awards of excellence!!! Can’t do better than that now can you??? [winking][winking]

Cheers,

Jo

P.S. Stu, could you please remember to mark the cheque “not negotiable” thanks!!! [lmao]

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Swinys,

Dale Gatherum-Goss
    http://www.gatherumgoss.com

You’ll find him referenced quite widely here & in other property investment forums.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of setmefreesetmefree
    @setmefree

Anyone know Mark the accountant in the MasterClass last Sunday ?

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi setmefree,

We have all got to meet Mark at a few MAP Meetings. We have quizzed him until he was blue in the face!

He has always been able to answer our questions, and appears quite knowledgable for someone so young.

He is easy to talk to, which is always good too.

Hi Monopoly:

Stuart is a Mortgage Broker these days, (he is ours), and he is excellent, but I don’t think that he is doing accounting anymore.

Regards,

Del

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

Gatherum-Goss is in Kilsyth (near Mt Dandenong) which is way the other side of town from where I live or work.

Any recommendations for a good accountant near the CBD area or a nearby suburb ?

Thanks !

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

Can someone please help ?

I would very much prefer to find an accountant via recommendation then to look one up in the Yellow Pages.

Thanks !

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

bennido,

I live in Canberra & use Dale.

I know people in NSW, WA, QLD & Japan who all use Dale.

I’m sorry that he lives too far away from you [biggrin]

If you want to use the best, use the best.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of setmefreesetmefree
    @setmefree

thanks Wilandel. Do you have his full name and contact details like phone number or email address ?

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw
    Profile photo of swinysswinys
    @swinys

Thanks everyone, I have contacted Dale today.[biggrin]

Profile photo of swinysswinys
    @swinys

I contacted Dale but he is not so sure on the cross border tax issues for NZ/Aust.

Can anyone recommend any accountant, anywhere in Melbourne, who has expertise in this area.

Thanks
    Craig

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

my guess is that if Dale doesn’t know – no accountant will…

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Setmefree,

Mark (the accountant from Steve’s seminar’s details are as follows),

Mark Unwin
    Williams Partners Pty Ltd,
    Chartered Accountants
    90 Queensbridge Street,
    Southbank VIC 3006
    PH: 9682 5288
    Email: [email protected] dot au

Regards,

Del

Profile photo of PersiusPersius
    @persius

My accountant in Melbourne is pretty switched on and has done work for me over the last year and a half dealing with NZ, various property purchases and liaising with NZ accountants.

Details are:

David Brandi
    Level 3
    62 Lygon Street
    CARLTON VIC 3053

Ph: (03) 9650 0550

Cheers

Nic

Profile photo of xxxxxx
    @xxx

Dale is a good accountant but if you do go to his firm don’t expect him to personally handle your tax. He will hand you over to one of his associates.

Profile photo of AAZAAZ
    Participant
    @aaz

We would generally refer our Melbourne based clients to Dale Gatherum-Goss http://www.gatherumgoss.com however our accountant/solicitor Michael Quinn who is based in Sydney has clients all over Australia as well as clients based overseas so he maybe able to help. His website is:  http://www.quinns.com.au/

Regards

Adrian and Amber Zenere
    Archizen Architects
    Don't die wondering… dream and discover!

====================================================================================
    To find out more visit: REDbook | REDclub | REDitunes | REDpodcasts | REDtv REDblog  | REDmedia
    ====================================================================================

Profile photo of levi5levi5
    @levi5

Can anyone recommend a good property accountant in the south yarra, prahran, windsor area in melbourne?
    We are saving up for a deposit for our first property purchase, but would like to start working for an accountant with property expertise from hereon – which will help us through the purchase process. thanks

Profile photo of ericyanericyan
    @ericyan

recently popped into Gatherum Goss to have a chat with them. Of the few firms i went to have a chat with, Gatherum Goss was the one of the less impressive ones. Maybe its due to the founders no longer owning the firm or maybe the chemistry between myself n the person i spoke to isn’t that great, i basically walked away not wanting to give them my business. Their ‘new’ office after the mgt change is in Blackburn, the old office being in Kilsyth.

levi5, like yourself, i stay in South Yarra. I think the criteria for selecting the accountant should be their capabilities, rather than location. Having said that, i had a chat with a number of firms based on referrals who were recommended by our friends and colleagues. The closest one i spoke to had an office on St Kilda Rd somewhere. This firm very nearly took the prize of being the _least_ impressive and the most expensive. Not knowledge-able at all.

The least impressive firm was one of the Big 4s. Waste of time and money.

Profile photo of murphyfinancialmurphyfinancial
    @murphyfinancial

Gidday guys,

I'm situated in Heidelberg, and have many clients involved in property investment.

Check out my website….www.murphyfinancial.com.au….

Cheers
    Steve Murphy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.