All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Is this worth it??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of MasterRELMasterREL
    @masterrel

I want to buy a commercial property ,but at this moment still saving for a deposit.I bought shares to try to boost my return which are doing well.Heres the prob.I bought the shares in a company pty ltd(so there trading stock)but once June 30 rolled around will I be slugged 30% tax on my initial investment of $15k.And when buying a property will the interest on a loan taken out by a company be more than a personal home loan.

Profile photo of SaskatoonSaskatoon
    Participant
    @saskatoon

Hi MasterREL,
    most forum opinions indicate that you shouldn’t buy property using a company structure – do a search or get professional advice before committing. Also, it may be best for accounting reasons to keep your property investments separate from your share investments.

Terence McMahon
    HomeWin
    Finance

Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

MasterREL,
    You will not be slugged 30% tax on your initial investment if you are considered a share trader. Sure the value of the shares will be brought into account as a credit to closing stock but the original purchase will be brought into account as a debit to purchases. Thus cancelling each other out.
    The biggest problem with buying investments in a company is it does not qualify for the 50% CGT discount.

[email protected]
    http://www.bantacs.com.au

If you can’t BAN TACS at least minimise it legally

Profile photo of MasterRELMasterREL
    @masterrel

Thank you all for the help.Without these forums God knows how slow my progress would be.

Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

No truer words,MasterRel!

Profile photo of RobJaniceRobJanice
    @robjanice

And when buying a property will the interest on a loan taken out by a company be more than a personal home loan.

Master REL

You will find in generally a higher interest rate and much shorter loan repayment period.

Cheers Rob

“Every family is born with a father as the banker.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi MasterREL
    My recent experience buying a commercial property showed interest rates to be about 1% higher than res rates, LVR max 60%, term max 10 years.
    However, if a res property is used as security for the purchase of a commercial property, res interest rates apply. Next time, I’ll buy the res property first. [arrowhead]
    live’n’learn
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.