All Topics / Heads Up! / STEVE’S SEMINAR – THE FEEDBACK

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Greg,

I didn’t attend the seminar, but I hope you don’t mind if I make a contribution.

If you think your properties are performing and have not yet achieved maximum growth/income… then you’d be happy to keep them, as you seem to be doing. But in another post, you’ve said you’re not getting the income required, and hence you have to get a baaa job- hehe- I guess that would be as a shearer :)) Some people might choose to sell off under=performers, or highly geared properties, and buy some with more yield.

One can make any reason not to sell, and all would be legitimate. But if you want more income, you might have to look at ways to get that income, and your current portfolio might need reassessing- for you and what you want.

If you don’t want to work, then you may have to sell- in some way or form- could be subdivision, or some other form.

kay henry

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I was not at the seminar and I never intend to spend $500.

With the velocity of money thingy.

Please bear in mind all things are relative. You sell for $400k, you buy the same for $400k so why incur cap gains tax and selling costs and stamp duty on new property etc.

The only time I would sell is if I could buy a similar property for less (ie. its older and needs renovation) and renovate.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

The only time I would sell is if I could buy a similar property for less (ie. its older and needs renovation) and renovate.
    [/quote]

I think that was the gist of it Yack – buying a place that one could add value to in a number of ways then taking a profit if the market wasn’t in a strong growth phase.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.