All Topics / General Property / Albury Property Investors Group Meeting

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Profile photo of padmaa23108padmaa23108
    @padmaa23108

4pm Collie, see you there?
    Padma

Profile photo of colliecollie
    Participant
    @collie

Maybe, still tossing up wether to come or not. Would probably have to bring my 12 month old son, would that be okay?
    I was wanting to wait until my hubby had finished harvest to come with him, but won’t be done by tommorrow due to storm :(
    bummer. Anyway have fun and if I do decide to come at the last minute I will call you.
    Thanks,
    PS, After I posted that message I noticed that the time was there all along!!!

collie

Profile photo of DNADNA
    @dna

hi, we live in wodonga and would be interested in coming to the meeting! is it ok to bring our 6 month old baby?

DNA’s wife

Profile photo of padmaa23108padmaa23108
    @padmaa23108

Hi DNA & Collie
    Children are part of life. Can’t do without them.Bring them along. I don’t mind.
    See you all at 4
    Padma

Profile photo of nordicskiernordicskier
    @nordicskier

I hope the group meeting went well. Unfortunately the date was too soon for us.
    We would like to attend the next Albury Property Investment Group on the border. A midweek luncheon/snack would suit me personally. But whatever.
    If you would like planning/development advice for a proposal in Albury I would be happy to oblige on 6023 8294.(ask for Bruce)

Improve your nordic skiing – become an accredited instructor with http://www.apsi.net.au/nordic

Profile photo of agent smithagent smith
    Participant
    @agent-smith

Hi all,
    It’s great that you guys have got a group started. Still love to involved. Bugger I missed the first meeting. How do I get in contact with you guys?
    Sorry Jaffasoft, I emailed you six months ago( or So ) but I guess it didn’t get through….kinda got busy then & unfortunately didn’t follow up.
    Hope the meeting went well.[biggrin]

@padmaa23108

Hi Agentsmith & Nordicskier
    Yes, we had the first meeting at my place and it went very well. There was 5 people plus us that makes 7 – Linden and Lisa, Collie & Nathan, Annette, & David(couldn’t make it), myself(Padma) and my husband Mohun. We sort of introduced ourselves in terms of where we are at the moment and had a general session – so it was more like ice breaker than anything else. then I took everyone else around to our IP’s that we are converting for Uni student accommodation and showed them.
    Linden Glen kindly offered to organise the next meeting and let everyone know. It probably would be first week of march and it will be posted here as soon as we decide the date. Next meeting probably will have an agenda although it is upto Linden. overall it was a very friendly meeting and I am looking forward for more people to join.
    Please email or PM me for further discussion or details.
    Regards
    Padma

Profile photo of intelligenttraderetteintelligenttraderette
    Participant
    @intelligenttraderette

Hi Guys,

Really interested in a group in the Albury Wodonga Area. I live about 2 hours from there but it is my nearest major centre. I only have internet access at work three days a week and I check the boards reguarly. But if there is another meeting I would appreciate it if someone sends me an email. Not that I am abregating responsibility, I would just appreciate it. Thanks heaps!

I will now walk around with a bounce in my step all day; its exciting!

Cheers

Profile photo of lbglenlbglen
    Participant
    @lbglen

Hi All,

Well, as Padma has mentioned above I am organising the next (second) meeting. It will be held on Sunday 27th, February @ 3pm at my place in Wodonga. All are welcome – please send me an email if you are interested and I will send you all the details.

Regards,
    Linden Glen

@nordicskier

Victoria Street medium density housing proposal in Albury CBD gets refused by Council. What do others think?

Improve your nordic skiing – become an accredited instructor with http://www.apsi.net.au/nordic

Profile photo of lbglenlbglen
    Participant
    @lbglen

Hi nordicskier,

Do you have any more detail on this? ie. a web link? What was their reasoning behind this?

Regards,
    Linden Glen

@padmaa23108

Hi
    It was refused because I believe the residents around that area protested as it was not a suitable development in line with the surrounding houses. The proposal was to build multistory apartment type housing, don’t exactly know how many? but runs almost into over a hundred I believe. I agree with the decision, because that area is more of independent period style houses, definitely not apartments.
    I think that is the reason anyway, may be Bruce can confirm.
    Padma

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Did anyone discuss the impact of the 780m river marina development, just up the river past Wahgunyah?

@nordicskier

The Victoria St development related many to not fitting with the density and building form normally expected in that particular location.. There were also some overlooking issues from the three and two storey dwellings in close proximity to existing houses. The refusal also showed the influence of the general public in being involved in the planning process. Their influence was to ensure the Councillors were fully aware and informed of the impact of the development upon the neighbouring and surrounding environment.
    I can’t quite remember how many dwellings, probably less than fifty. The exact design details are available from the Council I believe.

@nordicskier

Anybody dabbled in commercial or retail in Albury Wodonga? I rarely see these for sale in A/W. What are the potential yields .. any ideas. I’ve heard 10% is still available which is much better than the lower than 5% in A/W residential.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.