All Topics / Forum Frolic / Check (Czech) the sign says Walk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Make sure you do the right thing when crossing the road.
    westan

XtraMSN
    Czech Cop Fires At Jaywalker

21/07/2004 11:20 AM
    Reuters

A Czech policeman has been relieved of his duty and faces a criminal investigation after taking a crackdown on traffic violations too far when he shot at a pedestrian crossing against a red light.

The online edition of the Czech daily Pravo reported the policeman in the western city of Pilsen fired a warning shot in the air as a man walked against the traffic light.

The pedestrian did not return to the sidewalk, so the policeman shot at him twice, missing both times.

“The policeman claimed that he didn’t want to kill anyone, and that he was aiming at the man’s legs,” the daily quoted a Pilsen police official as saying.

No one was injured in the incident, though one of the policeman’s shots hit a passing car.

Czech police have embarked on a series of campaigns aimed at halting the rising number of traffic accidents across the country.

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

thats a man who takes his job very seriously. we need tram conductors like that also…

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Did the guy return to the pavement after being shot at twice?

If not, perhaps Czechoslovakia needs a steeper penalty….like taking the person’s family hostage until they swear off J-walking.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

I agree,

i’ve been under the impression we need armed police stationed at intersections for a long time. The Govt should raise the budget for snipper training. They would only have to shoot one or two and it should bring jaywalkers into line. How about castration for guys who drop cigarette butts.

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.