All Topics / Creative Investing / Investing in International Direct Property

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jirehjireh
    @jireh

I know that in overseas countries, there are areas where the rental yields
    >are between 7.5%- 9% and hence mean positive gearing is a pretty good outlook there. Apart from the foreign exchange risk, what
    other factors need to be considered, and can Aussies >buy property overseas easily and obtain finance from local or overseas banks?

Does anyone have any experience in this market?
    Cheers
    Justin

Justin

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Justin,

A LOT depends on the country in question…… Places like Thailand, Philippines & Singapore heavily restrict what a “foreigner” can or cant buy…..

There is also restricted availability of finance in some cases ( Singapore )

ALSO – The actual cost of a house…. is in some places a LOT higher…….

Which countries were you thinking of…. perhaps if we know that, it may help you get a more definitive answer from some of the people here….

Cheers

Scott

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Probably the easiest place to buy for an ‘Aussie’ for overseas property is New Zealand. There are many posts on this (that are far more quailfied than me!) so do a search.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of jirehjireh
    @jireh

The countries I was thinking of are the UK and Canada- NZ prices seem to be significantly overflated to me

Profile photo of 17billion17billion
    Participant
    @17billion

[biggrin] Hi,
    I am Terry from Wellington. There are fantastic opportunities in NZ for property. And we don’t have stamp duty, capital gains tax … ( we’re buying great deals under real value all the time. And ones that earn very good cashflow)

I will tell you more if you are really interested

cheers Terry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.