All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Depreciation Schedules in country areas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

There are lots of regional areas that we cover at our standard fee. We travel to other areas if there are sufficient jobs and the travel cost is then spread across these jobs.

I just thought I’d alert everyone to the areas where we have jobs pending – Sale, Geraldton, Kalgoorlie, Karatha, Echuca and Albany.

Of course, if your property is pre 85, unrenovated and contains little in the way of Depreciable Assets, it probably won’t be worth commissioning a Tax Depreciation Schedule from a QS.

I’ve talked lots of people from this site through the principles and process of self-assessing Depreciable Assets (without giving tax advice) and I’m more than happy to do this.

Scott – 1300 66 00 33

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Thanks Scott,
    That’s handy to know. I was looking at a prop in one of those areas and had trouble finding a QS to do a report (I missed out on the place anyway)
    I’ll make sure I keep you in mind for next time.
    Cheers,
    Sue [biggrin]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

QSs are very thin on the ground in regional centres. Sometimes you’ll find one who has opted for a ‘seachange’. Of course, you don’t have to use a QS. There are a number of people with appropriate qualifications to estimate construction costs. For example, Estimators are fine. As are a Clerk of Works. Sometimes in country towns it’s possible to track down the builder who built the property. He’ll often be able to provide the construction cost. He may even be able to assist in valuing the assets. What he won’t know is the tax stuff, but your accountant will be able to sort that out. It’s messy, but possible (and cheaper than a QS).
    Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.