All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment Teaming

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Silver AngleSilver Angle
    @silver-angle

Hello all,
    i’m green so be gentle,

has anyone tried, had any success, toyed with the idea of starting investing with a team of (say 10 or so) like minded people.

i have thousands of thoughts of why this is a good idea and am on the verge of doing something about it. just wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone has had experience with it.

it’s not an investment club as such, there is no capital needed, sorry, $1 start but that is more symbolic than anything….

let me know your thoughts

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

I’m a bit confused when you say no capital is required. no money is needed until you find something to invest in ? Or is this like a research team ?

I am no expert but I actually had a friend who was part of such a team. They were going well for a while – bought a few places and made some money. Then some people had to leave for various reasons (e.g. getting married, lost interest) and some people weren’t putting in their fair share of work, etc. So after a while, it just wasn’t workable and everyone was totally stressed out. I think they have sold everything and distributed the earnings / losses.

In summary, its good if everyone is fully committed and willing to share in the hard yards. But for a team of 10 or more, it is pretty unlikely so have a good exit strategy planned.

Profile photo of Silver AngleSilver Angle
    @silver-angle

hi bennido,

i don’t blame you for being confused, i didn’t give much away as to the specifics of how and what i’m trying to achieve

yes you are right, there is no capital required other than one dollar. it is a long term venture and starts with baby steps and intense education and retraining our thoughts. it’s more of a life changing education through the colaboration of like minded individuals than anything.

you are correct in saying that there needs to be an exit statergy….absolutly correct, every joint venture and business parnership needs one. you will never escape the three d’s. my exit statergy for people who want to leave is this…..here’s your dollar back !

people will be given the chance to get out and share in there hard work in the group. one in three years, one in five years and one at the end in ten years. members will make there money in there own time through following there monthly tasks, gained knowledge, networking, brainstorming, joint venturing between members etc. but it will always be stressed and emphasised that they started with $1. if someone leaves for whatever reason, they take with them what they put in – $1 and gained knowledge and eperience.

i know it’s still probably confusing, as i said i’m in the final stages of putting it together and just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with comming together as a team to accomplish something out of the ordinarry. has anyone heard of anything like what i’ve described above?

thanks [cigar]

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

No, please explain…..

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Silver,

Your information is inadequate for an informed opinion to be expressed.

However it sounds VERY dodgy so far.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

me thinks you not so green…

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hmmmm, now I am just trying to work out how many $1 coins you actually need?????[blink]

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

is this a chain letter….and no, you may not have one of my dollars..

cheers

Brendan Heagney
    Mortgage Broker
    0438 436383

If you don’t ask, the answer is no!!

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

Apart from potentially breaching securities regulations, why would anyone become involved in an “investment team” when all participants are [apparently] inexperienced. It would amount to no more than the blind leading the blind.

If the writer is seeking advise and/or mentors, then approach this forum accordingly.

It would appear the writer has no experience when it comes to joint ventures/partnerships or the legalities associated with such structures – “caveat emptor”.

Sometimes ideas that seem logical are quite unrealistic in the real world.

I hope you prove me incorrect.

— Michael

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

Investment teams sound great, but personally i woudnt go there, having a network of friend or like minded people who share your ideas and who are into the investing arena, are great to talk to, but also the flow and creative ideas you learn and pick along the way… can quickly help you build on your investment knowledge…

as for teams, ive seen many friends break up due to going in JV or partnerships, if something goes wrong between either party…

personally have a network of peers, in doing so, its being a group mentor…

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.