All Topics / Help Needed! / Investors Club

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of lisajlisaj
    @lisaj

Hi Everyone,

I am educating myself about positive cashflow opportunities in property investment. There are some great sites on the Web (like this one!) & I have found one called the Investors Club. The services offered range from sourcing the property, putting members in contact with lenders & property management.

If I understand fees listed on the site, it costs 6% (+ GST) of the purchase price of the property. Haven’t seen a mention of PM fees. The Club runs (free) Introductory Workshop, & I’m planning on attending one. Has anyone come across the Club before? What’s its reputation?

Thanks, Lisa :)

Profile photo of GreatPigGreatPig
    @greatpig

Lisa,

I don’t know anything about them, but if you use the forum search feature and search for “investors club”, you’ll bring up a number of older threads about them.

Cheers,
    GP

Profile photo of lisajlisaj
    @lisaj

Thanks GP, am searching now. :) Lisa

Profile photo of doyledoyle
    @doyle

Lisa,
    I went to an investors club meeting nearly 2 years ago and was very impressed by what they had to say and how they were out to help the investor.I bought an IP through them in Dec03 which has increased in value by approx 50%.I found them to be extremely helpful w/out being pushy.They assist with everything from the purchase right through to tennants and PM.Good luck with it all
    Lisa D

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

The Club has been around in Brisbane for around 8/9 years having been established by Kevin (formally Swampe) & Kathy Young.

Suggest you might like to correspond with Derek (moderator) as i beleive he is involved in the organiation in WA.

If you need any further information on the Brisbane please feel free to email me I initially providing the lending facilities for the club when they started.

Cheers Richard
    richard at fhog.com.au
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

and my standard heads up whenever this topic arises… they are definitely not a club but a project marketing company / real estate agency. Many people give them a good reference though (and then again many dont)

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of just mejust me
    @just-me

Lisa

My experience with people who purchase throught the investors club has been preety poor. These guys are clerks during the day and property marketers during the night. As a solicitor I usually end up in the QLD courts trying to hop skip and jump. A few years ago the QLD government intoduced a few new legislations (you should check them). You are much better off doing the research your self. In most cases if you have the right information and support you can negotiate a good fee. These guys are collecting 5,6 & 7% of the property purchase. Who do you think is paying that commission…..???? You don’t need to be a rocket scientist. Good luck.

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Lisa,
    If you go to another meeting, all you will have lost is about an hour and a half of your time.
    Cheers
    Gatsby! PM me if you wish.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.