All Topics / Opinionated! / FORUM ADDICTION….healthy?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Just wondering who thinks or realises that they are ADDICTED to propertyinvesting.com??
    and, if you are ‘addicted’ is it a HEALTHY ADDICTION?[crying]

I must say that I can’t help myself but to check it 3 or 4 times a day (at least)…

I convince myself that I am learning, but it is probably as bad as someone who can’t quit smoking… Just one more for the day!![evil4]

What do others think???[eh]

Del

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Guilty – healthy addiction – I dont know!!!!!!

Its one of my favourite topics/issues so I enjoy parting with what I have learnt.

And I have learnt alot too.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Ditto Yack/Del – healthy addiction, except for those annoying ….. !!!!!! ??????
    I just get soooooo carried away; simply can’t help myself from getting heavy handed with the little beggers…much to the dismay of some in here!!!! [lmao][laugh4][lmao][laugh4]

Why some people get so peeved at the excessive use of exclamation/question marks is beyond me ???? !!!!! [rolleyes3][rolleyes4][rolleyes5] [tongue] Oops there I go again…!!!! ???? !!! [tongue]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi del and others

del i didn’t realise you were still reading the forum as much these days, you don’t post as often as you once did. Thats a pity you have so much to offer, and wow your investing has been sensational.

as far as spending too long here yes i’m guilty also.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Just what is the deal here? I’ve been in a blissful state of denial about my addiction and now you’ve made me go and face it!

Seriously though, it is like an addiction and I’m not sure if it is healthy. I suppose there are HEAPS worse things to be addicted to so I’ll (try to) log off with a smile on that note.

Cheers
    Sonja

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Guilty, but healthy…

Kind regards

Jet Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich]
    Share Investing Forum: http://www.aussiestockforums.com

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

GUILTY! However due to work I don’t have any withdrawal symptoms damn it!! The main guilt (for want of a better word) is that I should spend more time getting out there (or on here) doing the leg work and being more active in chasing these elusive properties. However, the support of great people on this site (they know who they are) always add to the fire in the belly anyway.
    Cheers Gatsby!

@gatsby

Speaking of addiction it could be all so much easier if the government went ahead and opened a safe ‘investing’ room to get our fix! Instead of relying on our ‘dealers’ to supply our habit!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of Supa FreakSupa Freak
    @supa-freak

ADDICTED !!(This ones for you JO !!!) why yes,yes,yes.

Everyone here has been so helpful , especially the wrappers and have really helped with me geting my systems together..

And yous are the only friends I’ve got

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

[winking] Love Ya Supa Freak !!!! [winking] [thumbsupanim]

@gatsby

Speaking of ‘addictions’, Keith Richards out lived Jim Fix, the running jogging health nut of the 80’s. Fix used to write books about jogging. What do you write about jogging. ‘Left foot, right foot, faster, faster, go home, shower! “Thanks Jim for putting that literary mind to the problem, but I know how to jog/bench press, being the biped that I am”. Then this guy goes out and has a ‘heart attack while ‘jogging’! “Right foot, left foot, blood spurts out nose!” “What is this right foot, left foot?…….Are you having troubles at home Jim??” Keith Richards is shooting heroin into his eyeball and still touring! I’m getting mixed signals! I picture nuclear war and 2 things surviving. “Keith Richards and cockroaches”!
    Keith: “Where did everybody go? I saw a bright light and thought we were on?”
    Cheers,
    Gatsby, Giddy up!

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Gatsby, you are without doubt one of the nuttiest people on this forum – and there are a few to pick from[biggrin]

As to the question – Guilty as charged.

I am so proud of myself though – I managed to go away for almost a week, and only thought about the forum a couple of times a day.[biggrin]

It was far too nice weather to sit inside all day – or find a library or (god forbid) somewhere that I had to pay to use the computer….

Cheers
    Mel

@gatsby

Hey Mel,
    how are you? Thanks for the compliment (?, I think, ?).
    Anyway about 3 years ago,……..actually no, that was yesterday!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!
    PS. Actually 4 years ago,…..actually no, that was someone else!!!!

@gatsby

PS my dear Melbear,
    That Jim fix story ‘was actually fair dinkum’, as are 99% of the stuff I post!
    Love ya work!,
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Yes Gats, it was a compliment[biggrin]

I vaguely heard something about the super fit jogger dude who had a heart attack – didn’t know his name though, so I didn’t doubt that one.

I’m guessing your 1% is the boy who ate his own foot?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Del,

gulity.. but to several different forums… lol…

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Not as I once was Del. I am starting to visit again. We’ll see if gets unhealthy again…..must say I do miss helping people out…..I think I used to do that ????

Enjoy
    AD [:o)]
    (Andrew)

“Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts inevitably bring about right results.”

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi AD,

You couldn’t count the number of people who you have helped on this forum!!!

I really miss our chats, (must catch up soon) and I am proud to say that you have been a real mentor of ours, and we would love to see more of you on the forum again. People who know you have heaps of respect for you…

Give the new forumites a chance to get to know you too!

Take care,

Del & Will

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.