All Topics / Finance / Can I?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

I would like to lend money to buy an investment property.

I have $20,000 loc for deposit i earn $40,000 and wife $32,000.

I have 3 properties value $640,000 owe bank $420,000,
    New property $330,000 rent $455 per week
    Q. how much can i borrow?

Dom[biggrin]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

How much rent do the existing properties get?

Children?

Cars?

Credit card limits?

Current lender?

Other debts?

Email if you prefer nt to post this detail.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

No car debts
    7000 credit limit but $0 owing
    2 children
    no other loans
    suncorp
    commonwealth
    mcquirie

Rent is $2200

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Dom

A few comments,

You have forgotten to list your existing rent, assuming you are getting a 5% yield, this would be about $615/wk (this may be too generous?).

You should be able to service a new loan of about $290,000. If you did not have children, the figure would jump to about $360,000.

If you could borrow the required amount, as your deposit is not enough to get a 95% loan and pay costs, you would need to either increase your LOC if possible or cross securitise with one or more of your other properties. To cross securitise you would have to use the same lender.

These are just some quick and rough figures for you to look at.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Salacious,
    With only 20K in your LOC for a deposit you will more than likely need to access the existing equity in your portfolio,
    With Three different lenders your properties are not cross colaterised, but it may be beneficial to have your current structure/products and rates checked by a good Mortgage Broker, eg, Terry or Simon.

It may be a good idea to reduce the limit on your credit card as you will be assessed by the Banks at 2% or 3% of the maximum credit card limit towards lending serviceability, regardless if you have a zero balance or not,
    To give you an example, $7K @ 2% is calculated as a debt of $140 per month, and $2K @ 2% is $40 per month,The difference can sometimes mean a substantial increase in borrowing capacity.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph:1800 820 500
    VICTORIA

PLEASE note comments made should NOT be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice. Please seek professional, specific advice.

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Is it too much to suggest getting rid of one of the kids??? You’ll still have one. Just keep the favourite. I’m sure they’ll understand. [biggrin][blink]

(can you tell that I don’t have kids yet?)

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Stuart,

You’d have to tell the one you gave away, that you *gave away* the favourite- for his or her benefit. Otherwise, the unfavourite would feel bad. If you work it out properly, and ensure the kids never see each other again – so they can’t discuss it- everyone would feel it was win/win.

Oh, by the way, Stu- that electronic thought thing you have hooked up to my brain is making my head itchy :)

Oops [offtopic] Sorry Dom

kay henry

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Sometimes it would be good to have no kids but only for a short time.

Kids keep me young “AND I LIKE THAT” and besides who would i leave my fortune to ,people on yhis forum mayby nah.

Thanks for the answers Mobile Mortgage,Terryw much appreciated, i can come up with 10% of $360.000 after reshuffling a bit.
    So should be no trouble to move forward.
    Dom[biggrin]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.