All Topics / General Property / Advice on seperate titles,pls??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

It seems some cheaper rural properties can frequently be on large blocks with seperate titles.I am wondering about:
    A)What the process,& costs involved are of seperating titles to sell off
    B)Is it worth it?
    Any experiences out there?[confused2]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I have no experience in this area, but imagine having separate titles would be a good thing as it could make it easier to sell off part of the farm.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

Misty1,
    If the proeprty is under 5 acres then it you live there you can exempt from CGT if you sell the whole property to the same person. If you are not going to do this makes no difference for tax purposes just apportion cost base amongst the sub division.

[email protected]

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

Misty,

From the NSW perspective if the land has separate titles you can sell a one separately. This applies eg on the older deeds which might include several lots or portions. No subdivision fees.

However, just because it can be sold separately might not mean it has a building entitlement or even if it has a building entitlement that it can be built on without meeting council requirements for access etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.