All Topics / Help Needed! / Australian shares forum?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of 77
    Participant
    @7

I know you don’t want shares discussed on this site, does anyone know of a good Australian shares forum?? I’ve found http://www.ozestock.com.au, but it’s not very appealing.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I didn’t know where else to post it)

Profile photo of p0sitiveCasHfl0wp0sitiveCasHfl0w
    @p0sitivecashfl0w

Hi 7,

Why not try http://www.aussiestockforums.com A few people from this forum are also there.

Regards,

J.

Profile photo of GreatPigGreatPig
    @greatpig
    Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi 7

sorry moderators for bringing this post up again, i knowe no share stuff. try hotcopper also, But one word of warning. Unfortunately a lot of people use these types of forums to ramp up stocks they already own. It is possible to promote some small stocks through these types of forums and move the market. During the dotcom days people would join these types of sites and take on multiple identities. They would then post things such as “ABC ltd is about to make a huge anouncement”, then using another name post “my brother works for them and he said the same thing but would say anymore as he is sworn to secrecy”. Then a third name (same person) would make a comment like “ive been told by someone who works for a legal companyt associated with the company to buy as much as i can as its going to be huge”.
    It may sound funny but it worked. (no i never did it)

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of baloobaloo
    Participant
    @baloo

It was even worse than that. There would be syndicates of people doing it. Some of the syndicate would play the pessimists dismissing the claims but then slowly start coming around to believing them. It was pretty ugly business.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Thanks westan and Baloo for the wordss of warning about talking up investment vehicles. There’s also been some answers to the Q, so I might lock this one.

kay henry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.