All Topics / General Property / Where to find Rental Income on Properties?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of mrsimbamrsimba
    @mrsimba

Hi all,

Just wondering if there was a website that lists average rental income for standard properties in each suburb? Mostly everything is on the net these days, so just wondering if this information is too.

Just thought there might be a quicker way than searching the “For Sale” on realestate.com.au and then doing another search on “For Rent”.

Thanks

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I dont think so. Best way is to learn about the area. Get local knowledge. Then you can look at a property and generally know what it will rent for.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

mrsimba,

Australian Property Investor magazine has a rental yield table for states. It states the % yield and change over 12 months for individual suburbs- hugely useful. It’s not free on the net, but it’s only an 8 buck mag and it’s got great articles too, and now out monthly! [baaa]

kay henry

Profile photo of mrsimbamrsimba
    @mrsimba

Thanks Kay Henry, I’ll definately be buying the magazine.

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

Nothing beats the area of interest’s local newspaper imo. The local rag shows the CURRENT asking rental prices and volumes, you would have to do the math for an exact average for this point in time >>>but overall you can see the picture better of what the rents are.. (So possibly combining an API mag (which is old data) with a paper showing new/present data will give a picture of what is happenning now in the particular area of interest.

now if i could only find the link showing all the newspapers on one page ;-( (im sure somebody posted it on this forum)

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Mrsimba,

For QLd try http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of mrsimbamrsimba
    @mrsimba

Thank you Derek, very helpful.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Mr simba

also call as many property managers as you can they know their stuff (usually) and are more than happy to tell you what they know. They are the experts on the market and often set the price.
    Good property managers are happy to do inspections and make comments on the demand for that particular home and give rental estimates.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.