All Topics / Help Needed! / Question About Renting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of StrangerStranger
    @stranger

In regards to:
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/11689.html

Firstly thanks for your kind words, and Im really at wits end. Soul baring isnt really wanted anywhere, which is why so many are so bitter towards others in life.

Anyways to my question, what do rental agents look for?
    Like if you were a student, with austudy, and your partner was a student with austudy, would they consider at all?
    This is from $1500-2000 a mth in payments, and at a rent of $140-180 a week ($560 – $720 a mth)

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Stranger, there should be no reason that they wouldn’t accept your application. I have often had students rent one of my properties.

Rental agents look for previous rental history (references), ability to pay etc. Maybe you should approach one in your area with your income details, and what you’re willing to pay, and see what they do require. YOu might be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of StrangerStranger
    @stranger

Yeh Im looking for one in Northern Suburbs of Melb near train or tram.

I applied and no replies.
    Im goin to apply for about 5 more tomorrow, and if they dont accept they are heartless.
    I dont have previous rentalhistory but my girl does.
    Combined we get from $1500-2000

I told them my income details etc.
    One of them we get an answer for tomorrow…

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Stranger,

You said in your other post that your girl left last thursday. Will she be on this new lease if she’s not there?

Millions of students all over Australia live in rented accommodation. Given that rental vacancies in major capital cities, including melbourne, are probably around 3%, it’s likely that out of one of these tenancy applications, you’ll be successful. I’d put written references relating to past tenancies, in with your application.

kay henry

Profile photo of hotshothotshot
    @hotshot

depands what you want try http://www.realestate.com.au check under FOR RENT and select areas you looking in like epping or bundoora all neer train stn.
    if you esp want to be near the uni you could be paying about 180 pw for 2 bed unit.
    if you rent assitanse this willhelp to which is about 40 pw check with centerlink.

@stranger

Yeh She will be in the new lease

I spilled my heart out to a real estate agent, and a woman rang me up and told me to come in with details of us both so she can try do what she can.
    I dont have past references regarding rent, but my girl does.

Hotshot already done that, goin to apply for about 5-10 of them tomorrow.

We found properties from $150-200 that suit our criteria.
    Our budget goes up to $180a week give or take $20.
    Im taking all my bank statements, st george, both Commbank ones etc.

@stranger

Thumbs up goes to Rescom.
    I spilt my heart out and from the start they been willing to help.
    I filled application last wednesday.
    They rang friday to state my income was terrible, but I let them know how much I made exactly on the side as a hobby.
    Then they rang partner etc.
    And things didnt look well.
    They said they’ll have answer by afternoon.
    In aftrnoon they said theyd have answer by Saturday.
    Saturday came, I just couldnt be bothered getting out of bed. But I got the call.

He asked “Did you still want that property?”
    I said “yes we still do”
    And he said ok cause you got it.
    And I was like OMG! Like I just won the lottery.
    Thanks for all your help guys. It helps to post while having an application procesed just to keep me sane :P
    But wow, those guys at Rescom totally rock. They are giving us a chance, and its one that I will fulfil for them.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Stranger
    Congrats. Suggest you setup automatic rent payments from centrelink or your bank to guarantee payment is always punctual. Pay one extra week to start and always then pay your rent again when it is still that one week in advance. If you vacate, get a complete printout of your rent record from the REA, copy of final condition report, copy of bond refund, and you’ll never have the problem again.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.