All Topics / Finance / Where’s the place to look for Private investors?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of calroncalron
    Participant
    @calron

I am wondering if any of you know of any private funding sites or people even.
    I am trying to get funding together for large land developement.
    Banks right now are happy to fund the construction but reluctant to fund the purchase of the land therefore the need for private investors.

Cheers

Calron

Calron the Alcamist
    Turning things into gold is fun.
    [email protected][;)]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Calron,

Have you had a look at somersoft? They have an area where you can sell properties, so I’m assuming you could put your plan up there?

What’s the timeframe for return of $$$? What are you offering to the private investors?

What sort of security is being offered – mortgages/guarantees/nothing?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Calron,

I have removed some of your posts as they are nothing more than seeking funds from readers of this community.

I have left the edited initial question remain as there may be some people who can direct you to more appropriate places for private investment funds.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of calroncalron
    Participant
    @calron
    Originally posted by Derek:

Hi Calron,

I have removed some of your posts as they are nothing more than seeking funds from readers of this community.

I have left the edited initial question remain as there may be some people who can direct you to more appropriate places for private investment funds.

Derek
    [email protected]

This is Property investing dot com is it not??
    What is the problem with presenting a proprty investment opportunity so that interested parties may have the chance to check it out??

Examples r posted by people all the time… You have removed my example.

I don’t see the reason for this.. Please explain.

Calron the Alcamist
    [email protected][;)]

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Hi Calron

Advertising opportunities or properties is not allowed. This also extends to looking for money partners/investors. It is against the forum rules. No one else advertises like this (and if they do the posts are deleted). This forum is here to swap information only.

Steve has made this decision (probably due to the legalities). Also, I can imagine that the forum would turn into http://www.realestate.com.au if we let people advertise.

Cheers

Stu

Participant
    @calron

As for terms and conditions of usage I have read them.
    “Users and members expressly acknowledge and agree that PropertyInvesting.com does not exert control over other users and members of the Site and is not liable either for their opinions or their behaviour including any information and/or advice and any defamatory statements or offensive conduct. “
    You have clearly exerted control.

I merely pointed out an opportunity that I believe people on this board would have been interested in, that why I joined this board..

I believed that this was also the thread to post this sort of post.
    “Finance
    Have a question about public or private financing? This is the place to post it.”

Were my posts that you have removed not questions about finance directed to other members??

I have not conducted fraudulent activety, racist or defamatory posts.
    I didn’t think that I broke the rules of the forum at all and am dissapointed that you have taken this action.

Calron the Alcamist
    [email protected][;)]

Participant
    @calron

The Posts that were deleted did not contravine any published rules of this forum.

Calron the Alcamist
    [email protected][;)]

Participant
    @calron
    Originally posted by Stuart Wemyss:

Hi Calron

Advertising opportunities or properties is not allowed. This also extends to looking for money partners/investors. It is against the forum rules. No one else advertises like this (and if they do the posts are deleted). This forum is here to swap information only.

Steve has made this decision (probably due to the legalities). Also, I can imagine that the forum would turn into http://www.realestate.com.au if we let people advertise.

Cheers

Stu

Did you read the posts that were deleted??

I was not advertising.

Calron the Alcamist
    [email protected][;)]

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

I will leave this for Derek to answer because I didn’t read the post. I was just replying for Derek to provide you with an idea of what I think. For example, if you said… “I need investors, here are my contact details” then I would have deleted it. However, if your post was a question about how to attract and find investors then that would be ok (in my opinion).

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by calron:

What is the problem with presenting a proprty investment opportunity so that interested parties may have the chance to check it out??

Hi Calron,

Based on this comment of yours when you refer to the post as being ‘an opportunity’ confirms that it was indeed, as I suspected, an advertisement.

That and reference to ‘looking for shareholders’ giving out details about the ‘value’ of the project and expected returns – really does, for me anyway, confirm my initial decision was correct.

Derek
    [email protected]

Profile photo of powderfingerspowderfingers
    @powderfingers

Calron, you are advertising buddy so go to somersoft and try there, bye bye, see YA!

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

He won’t get far advertising in Somersoft either :)

Though may be able to get the deal into Caveat Emptor.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of JayJay
    @jay
    Calron the Alcamist
    [email protected][;)]

Sorry Calron – youre saying you turn things into gold?

That would make you an Alchemist, wouldnt it? What on Earth is Alcamie?

Profile photo of bigmarkbigmark
    Participant
    @bigmark

Ha Ha , I love it Jay, I am a spelling purist as well

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

HERE,HERE CALRON.
    Dom[biggrin]

Participant
    @calron
    Originally posted by bigmark:

Ha Ha , I love it Jay, I am a spelling purist as well

Well if your a spelling purist and did your research then you would find that I am using the ancient pure french spelling of the word.

Plus it’s my company name.. So .

Calron the Alcamist
    [email protected][;)]

Participant
    @calron
    Originally posted by Derek:

Derek
    [email protected]

Is,nt your signature thefore illegal as you’re advetising your Property Investment support??

And every other mortgage broker etc that post in these forums saying, get in touch with us if you want help etc etc… Putting this all into perspective you mush admit that there is a hell of alot of “unpaid Advertising” on here b4 My so called advertisement..

Calron the Alcamist
    [email protected][;)]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I don’t mean to interfere here, calron and Derek- just a few thoughts.

calron, by all means, advertise services within your signature. People have “OTP Sales” or “Join my databse for CF+ properties” or some such thing. If you wanted to, you could put “investors welcome for developments” or something… advertising in signatures is acceptable.

calron, I didn’t see the substance of your initial post, but the one that remains… well, it appears that the edited one still allows forum members to see what you’re interested in. I imagine people can privately message you if they’re into what you’re looking for.

And most people come from a caveat emptor approach anyway (one hopes), so it keeps everyone safe :)

kay henry

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

“Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.”

The difference between your add and Derek’s add is that Derek gives his advice for free (to my knowledge) and you are trying to solicit funds for an investment.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of motherhenmotherhen
    Participant
    @motherhen

i must be missing something here.
    when i first read calron’s initial post about private funding sites…i was infact VERY interested in replies…coz that would have helped me get some ideas too – in regards to financing properties through means other than the usual bank loan – instead, this is turning into a debate about whether it was advertising or not.

having said that, i am still interested in finding out how to get funding through other channels if an opportunity should exist which would benefit all parties involved. whether you brand that as advertising or not – bottom line is it is beneficial to know something like that.

[strum]

http://www.emex.com.au

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.