All Topics / Help Needed! / Do I need to apologise?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Here’s the story:

Tenant advised PM of gutter overflowing. PM sent someone around who fixed it. They charged me, taken out of rent.

However, property is strata titled so I told PM that bill should be sent to strata manager and they should ask for reimbursement from them as it was an urgent repair (well PM says it was an urgent repair). PM says they can’t send it to strata manager, they can only send it to me and I can send it to strata manager for reimbursement.

I asked him what I was paying him for them (the PM that is?). Yes, it went down like a tonne of bricks but basically they he said he has no authority to deal with a strata company only with the owner.

What I want to know is, “can he only deal with me?”, in which case I owe him an apology! Or because I’ve signed an “Authority for them to Manage” the property does that then entitle them to speak to the Strata Manager, this latter case is what I thought.

I thought when the tenant advised of maintenance that was covered by the strata title company, I thought the PM would forward the issue to the strata company. They say no, they can only let me know and then I can forward it, if this is the case, I fiugre I may as well be managing the property myself.

Looking for answers please.
    Thanks
    PK

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

PK,

It’s my experience that the PM liaises with anyone that has anything to do with my property- including the Council, people paid to do repairs, and the Body Corporate. In your contract with the PM, it should allow you to transfer authority for the PM to deal with whomever is needed. Sounds crazy she is making you do the paperwork- red tape gone mad!

I’ll check my PM papers this evening – property settled today and I still haven’t signed off on them [baaa] But for other properties I have- my PM’s have always done business wih the BC for me.

kay henry

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

HI PK,

Property & Strata managers I work with have no difficulty working with each other.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

yes this is a very strange response from your PM

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Thank you all, it’s nice to have confirmation that I hadn’t got it totally wrong. It didn’t sound right but he was adamant that they couldn’t deal with the body corporate, only the owner.

Looks like time to find a PM that will deal with my body corporate.

Thanks again.
    PK.

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Find another PM.
    I changed mine because she sent me a statement that stated
    Debit=$450 ; Credit=$1350 ; balance $122.40

And the explanation was that “the computer does it by itself”. Its not my fault…and this after waiting for 2 weeks for an answer.

PM come for a dime a dozen, are underpaid and sometimes overworked, other times underqualified.
    I find that agency that manage 1000 0r 2000 properties couldn’t care less about you, in fact if you call them they get annoyed, you small insignificant person.

Find an agent that has 100 properties and that considers you business important.

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.