All Topics / Help Needed! / What does the plus mean on a pricing?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of RoseRose
    @rose

Hi everyone!

I am going to look at a unit priced at $155k+ – what does the plus mean – does it mean they may sell it for minimum $155k ? Should I bid a little more than the minimum like $158? The unit is to be sold via private sale if they get the price they are looking for.[blink]

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
    Rose

Rose

Profile photo of susieq22susieq22
    @susieq22

Rose,

After working with some real estates, I have found that the plus sign eg. 155,000+ would be the lowest price the owner would be happy to sell at and they are looking for a buyers over this price. If they don’t get any buyers then they might take less than this price. Hope that helps.
    [suave2]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Yep, my understanding is that they ‘want’ more…. But that doesn’t mean that you have to offer more.

I think if they want a higher price, they should advertise at a higher price…

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Agreed, Melbear. I was told by several agents that this is the minimum prize the vendor will accept.
    But one agent told me: Ignore the +, it sometimes means what the vendor wants, not what the market value is.

Celivia

Profile photo of petersemailpetersemail
    @petersemail

I beleive the plus can be no higher than 10% of the sale price. Check this with the agent.
    Another argument is that they promise the seller a higher price than they can get. So the agent advertise for a low price to get people to look and then try to push the price up.

Profile photo of rebecca2rebecca2
    @rebecca2

Hi all,

I have just finished a real estate rep course, and put a reno on the market. I belive that the + means that the vendor wants more than the amount stated and that they believe the market is still rising. They use this + to gain more for the property rather than the usual less when a straight figure is listed. e.g . If the amount is $200,000 to sell then they will probably get less than than $200,000 but with a plus the figure they should get more.

Beck.
    “You have to leave your mouth open for a very long time before a roast chicken flys into it.” Early Proveb.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Exactly, petersemail, that can happen.
    The same can also happen with a prize-range.

I know of vendors who were selling and the RE agent used a price range, but there was no way the vendor would have wanted to sell at the lower 2/3 of this range. I think in this case the lower part of the price range was merely set up to attract potential buyers.

Celivia

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Here’s an article by Neil Jenman on “Bait Pricing” which includes the “offers above” thing you’ve mentioned, Rose :

http://www.jenman.com.au/BS_S_Bait.php

kay henry

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

yes as much as his self placed pedestal position is irritating, I do have to agree with what he has said there.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.