All Topics / Help Needed! / Approx 8% rental returns, where????

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Profile photo of Lisa BLisa B
    @lisa-b

[biggrin]
    I don’t want to start another big rush down here. But my husband & I have a couple of properties in Hobart at the 7.2% and 8% marks. One of these purchased early this year at the height of the Tasmanian boom. However, it has taken a considerable amount of “watch and wait” for these gems to appear. I don’t want to mislead anyone into thinking that it is that easy to find them here!!
    Cheers,
    Lisa B

Profile photo of shane gshane g
    @shane-g

Hi all!,
    As you know I am very knew to all of this and have only recently purchased my own home and have not yet entered the real world when it comes to investing,but a question I have noticed that keeps on getting ignored on this site is where to invest!
    Being a forum I thought everyone shares information and so on,but this seems to be non-existent on this site.
    can someone explain why?

sg

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Shane G,

There are two major reasons for people not telling you directly where to invest:

1. Because that depends on what your specific needs are, i.e. do you want CF+ for the sake of money in your pocket, or are you happy to have a neg geared property (sacrificing a little in the short term) for greater growth down the track???

2. Most “experienced” investors recognise the benefit of doing their homework and the value in researching areas of investment interest, and as such will often guide you, but they won’t “spoon feed” you!!!

Why not try….”what do people think of X?” and see what feedback you get. Most people are happy to give examples if you ask them, but the real homework is up to you; you have to do that for yourself….that way you’ll make the choices that are right for you (not for us)!!!

So you see….No one is ignoring the “where is??” question, it is just answered differently to how you(obviously) would like to hear/read it!!!

If you ask often enough, I’m sure sooner or later, you’ll get a response!!!

Jo

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Just also be aware that different people have different opinions on a town.

You will see some saying ‘Smithtown’ is a good area because of

And you will see some saying that they wouldn’t invest there because of

A.
    B.
    C.

Each to his own I say!

Just don’t think that everything you read on here is the full quid. Some of the participants have a vested interest in areas, and some a just pessimists and cannot see a deal where you might.

All I am saying is don’t neccesarily be discouraged by a small minority of views. If you feel comfortable with an area, you think you have done the homework and the figures add up, don’t lose out because someone here says ‘watch the 500 year flood areas’ or ‘I’ve heard the mine is closing’.

Good luck.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome and well preserved body, but better to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming . …… Hell, what a trip !!”

Profile photo of ayseayse
    Participant
    @ayse

Hi

Sorry guys and gurls but this is abit off the topic but I wanted to ask the link that monopoly sent which had a suburb profile from rp data is there a site like this which you can use to look up suburb profiles in NZ.

Thanks
    Ayse[biggrin]

Profile photo of Manic SquashManic Squash
    @manic-squash

Hi all,

something that you might be interested in…

http://nbr.infometrics.co.nz/column.php?id=928

these guys now their stuff as I had some dealings with them back in NZ in 98/99. I’m not a doomsdayer … but we don’t want to be Lemmings now do we?

Later…
    Squash..

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.