Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of stormbizstormbiz
    @stormbiz

I hope someone who has knowledge on Brisbane can tell me a bit about the the Jindalee and Seventeen Mile Rocks areas.

I pretty much know where they are so hope someone can tell me if it has a high crime rate and how are they as a possible place to bring up the kids?

I grew up in Melbourne but am thinking of living in Brisbane when I return to Australia.

Thanks,

David

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Jindalee is a good area of the centenary suburbs, Mt Ommaney might be considered the ‘best’ area, but Jindalee bounds Mt Ommaney. Friend of mine is RE Agent in that area, and friends have rental properties there. Mt Ommaney and Jindalee were best suburbs to buy in.
    Cheers
    CD

CastleDreamer
    “+CF properties in NZ available now”

Profile photo of stormbizstormbiz
    @stormbiz

Thanks CD,

After posting I did a search and found a good discussion on Brisbane back in April. Seventeen Mile Rocks wasn’t mentioned though. Any views on it would be appreciated.

Profile photo of sizzling_ducksizzling_duck
    @sizzling_duck

Seventeen Mile Rocks starts leading into less reputable suburbs. Not heard too much bad about the suburb itself though.

Probably not a bad spot if you like Golf being in between 3 major courses (at least) and a couple of driving ranges.

A big range of prices (%-wise) Anything from 250,000 to about 750,000 for places in 17-mile rocks.

Profile photo of stormbizstormbiz
    @stormbiz

Thanks,

As I’m aging and knowing I can’t play footy when i return, golf would be something I will probably have to take up!!!

Can you list a few of what you consider to be the ‘less reputable suburbs’?

I guess this would be an opinion as some people may live in any places listed and take offence. But coming from Melbourne, it’s a well known fact that the outer western areas are/were areas that had higher crime and in your well put description of ‘less reputable suburbs’ would be appropriate I think.

That is not to say someone couldn’t live there and enjoy it.

So with the disclaimers out of the way, what are the less reputable suburbs around seventeen mile rocks (are there long rocks there[eh]) and would you agree Mt Ommaney as the pick of that area? The other thread had comments on the State School system of most Brisbane areas as being terrible. Would you agree? Research has brought up a private school in Forest lakes. I have been to Forest Lakes and it seemed an OK place? Any info on this private school would be appreciated!

David

Profile photo of pumpkinpumpkin
    @pumpkin

Hi,

I just sold my house in Jindalee on Monday. I lived there for three years, but left 18 months ago to move up north. Jindalee is a lovely suburb to live in. I was a few blocks away from the river, people go jogging down there all the time, there is a dog park down there, the people were lovely, everything you needed was there, restaurants, bakery, newsagency, gym (I worked there too, it is very good, I miss it heaps up here!). I would totally recommend living in Jindalee, it neighbours Mt Ommaney which is a very nice suburb too, with a few celebrity residents which you may run into around the place. 17 Miles Rock, I don’t know too much about, but it didn’t really appeal to me much driving through it. I am a teacher and did a contract at Forest Lake College. It is an excellent school, great teachers, good students, totally recommend it. Hope this is helpful, please remember it is just my opinion though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.