All Topics / Help Needed! / Put & Call Options

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of miraclemiracle
    @miracle

Would someone please explain how put and call options work (for QLD).

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

Don’t think its any different to how they work throughout the rest of the country.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yorker

You are bang on there.

You might think we are 20 years behind the rest of the Country but i assure you A Put & Call in Qld is the same as everywhere else.

Cheers Richard
    richard at fhog.com.au
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of IbuycashflowIbuycashflow
    Participant
    @ibuycashflow

A “put” option gives the holder the right to sell at a specified price (strike price) with in a specified time frame (expiration date)

A “call” option gives the holder the right to buy at a specified price by a certain date.

You take out a put if you expect prices to drop and a call if you expect them to rise.

Derivatives provide good leverage and can limit your downside

Cheers
    Jeff

Profile photo of miraclemiracle
    @miracle

Thanks Ibuycashflow. Do you have any contracts or documents, for examples, that you may be able to forward to me? Or know where to get them.

I am wanting to purchase a few properties and on sell using this method.

Profile photo of IbuycashflowIbuycashflow
    Participant
    @ibuycashflow

Sorry Miracle, I tend not speculate on property in this way, unlike the sharemarket. The most common clauses I have used in the past are: delayed settlement, subject to arranging tenancy or just a general due diligence clause.

If you are interested in getting options to buy properties and on-selling them before you have to settle you should get in touch with some of the property finding people or “bird doggers” on this forum.

Cheers
    Jeff

Profile photo of EmZYEmZY
    @emzy

Try getting your hands on the Robert Kiyosaki board game “Cashflow 202” the advanced version of cashflow 101 :)
    excellent way of mastering options while getting hands on experience without losing any real money while u learn the process :)
    [biggrin]

:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.