All Topics / Help Needed! / Raw figures

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

Okay so we’ve had success stories, very interesting reads some of them, and we’ve had occupations what about some raw numbers.

How about

Number of properties currently held.
    Current age.
    Length of time investing.

I’ll start

1 neg 0 pozz
    8mnths

Reason I haven’t yet purchased more yet, cashflow – single income, 4 kids – still saving next deposit and looking looking looking.

Matt

Profile photo of sairahsairah
    @sairah

Good question Matt, I am an oldy getting started, and it’s good to get an idea of others’ experience vs. their age. etc. Feel like I am the only newby sometimes, but everyone has been very helpful and it makes one more willing to share stuff. My answer:

1 neg, 1 pos
    2 months 2 days

Good luck with your ventures.[biggrin]

sairah

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hey Sairah,

Don’t be so hard on yourself; better late than never….welcome aboard (the forum and property investing) [thumbsupanim]

Back to Matt’s questions:

5 – 1 PPOR, 4 1P (owned outright so = Pozz)
    23 years

And still loving it!!!! [inlove]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

jo – if you own all yours ouright – half your luck..but has you accountant told you you have a lazy balance sheet!!!

i own my car outright!!! theres a start…

@monopoly

Well done Aussie,[thumbsupanim]

Yep, hubby and I both own our cars outright too. And my accountant is tearing his hair (what little he has) out!!! We seriously need to be in debt, otherwise, we are going to get [smash] (again)!!!

Jo

Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

Monopoly,

What a position to be in!

Good luck when you decide to take on some debt. I’m sure you’ll have a hell of a time buying again.

When do you think you might propose to do so?

Matt

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

jo – come to think of it – forget debt! why not just retire?? next thing your gonna tell me is that your also blissfully happy!!

people like you make me sick! (hehe – well done)

@monopoly

Dear sweet Aussie,

Where do I begin……….??????

I am married to hubby #2 (6 years my junior) need I say more???? (he is pictured with me in Members Pic Page)
    I did very well in the boom times, selling off properties that I had bought in a low market.
    I traded in shares for a little while, nothing to rave about!!
    I ran my own psych clinic for many years, and then sold it off to kick back and travel before I decided to re-marry!!
    If you haven’t already noticed, I am on here pretty much everyday….so yes, I am “semi” retired, semi because I still see the odd (ex-patient) from time to time in my own home. And am I blissfully happy???? Yes & No!!!! My husband is a very conservative investor, fearful of making any wrong moves (Bless him!!!!) He keeps me in check, so I guess I gotta love him for that don’t I???!!! [inlove]

Cheers, [tongue]

JO
    P.S. There is no secret in what I have achieved, you can do it to; research, money, and timing is what this game is all about!!!! Have fun [sunny]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Hi

4 – 1 PPOR (almost outright), 3 1P (All neutral to positive now) Sold one a few weeks ago to capture some gains.
    39 years old
    8 years in property investing.

Now raising two young kids (3 and 4 yr olds) with my wife. Only one income. I am conservative accountant.

No hurry for next investment. I will wait for a few more interest rate rises. We are off to Canada and the UK in Sept/Oct. Looking for a development site next.

Work is good – even time to look at this site regularly.

Profile photo of BarnseyBarnsey
    Participant
    @barnsey

Firstly

Hi Sairah
    There seem to be more of us newbies than you can poke a stick at, so don’t worry. Where did you get the idea that you’re an oldy (or was that tongue-in-cheek & I’m being dopey), you’re only as old as you feel!!! (I’m usually about 140 on Sunday mornings).
    Thinking positive seems to be a large part of this setup.

Secondly

Matt

In answer to your very good question/suggestion:

1 v.pozz(owned outright), 1 neutral
    About 4 years

Regards
    Patrick[suave]

Profile photo of sairahsairah
    @sairah

Thank you Jo for the welcome and Barnsey, my comment related to my relative newness at PI, as I have noticed that most people on here seem to be starting out at a much younger age. (sigh) I wish I had started this game many years ago and it certainly hasn’t been for the lack of opportunity, just made several other big faux pas business wise over the years. Should have stuck to property, did the share thing, and several other things, but succeeded mostly in losing a good deal, hence the late start at the property investing and my seeming hesitance is related mostly to having had fingers burnt lots of times. Really keen to make some money for the “really old” years looming ahead, but a bit nervous of losing my shirt again.

sairah

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

sairah,
    If you’ve been burnt. Then you must have the invaluable experience of knowledge and mistakes. This should skyrocket your progress and get you on the right track, if not quicker than early starters.

GO for it.
    [drummer]

lifexperience

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

2 Pos, 1 outright, 7 Neg, 2 OTP (2007/8 complete)
    10 years

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

3 negs
    37 years old
    7 years investing

Thanks Matt :)

kay henry

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

1 PPoR, 1 neg
    still only 46 [biggrin]
    10 months investing

Celivia

@kay-henry

You’re not 46 for long though Celivia- happy birthday for tomorrow :o))))))))))))))))

kay henry

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hey!, let’s not get too hung up about the age issue! I’ve only been investing in property for 4 years and 3 of those four years were dormant investing years until Steve’s seminar in March this year. Despite not having purchased another property yet, I have re educated myself financially and refinanced and consider myself to be a far more pro active investor now than when I bought my first 2 investment properties! Now getting back to this age issue! Don’t let it get you down. I’m 37 and gave up after I kept a diary after the day I was born!
    Day 1/ Still tired from the move!
    Day 2/ Everyone talks to me like I’m an idiot!!!!
    Day 3/ From day 1 to day 2 my age has doubled!!!!!!!!
    Day 4/ If this keeps up by the time I’m 6 I’ll be 90!!!!!!!!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

G’Day All,

Thanks for your contributions. As a 32 year old dad who has had all 4 kids from a young age, I’m feeling more confident now that I still have plenty of time, kids are now getting older, soon income levels will allow more investing. Just goes to show age is certainly no barrier.

Will revise my goals to be little more realisitic in terms of time allowed.

Thanks V.much

I am loving the journey.

Matt

@kay-henry

No kidding Gats. I was dormant for 6 years after me and my gf bought two IP’s. Thank god I *was* dormant though, or I would have sold in a market that was not only flat, but where there was negative growth – and regretted it today. And I must say, it’s this board that’s provided a lot of my education on property- thank you, Steve!

kay henry

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.