All Topics / Forum Frolic / Situation Vacant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

This Job might interst some here.

Coach for Richmond Footy club.

prerequisites

1. free time on Saturday Arvo, sometimes Sunday and Friday Nights if possible (but not essential)
    2. Willingness to be be abused by thousands of people wearing Yellow and Black clothes, even occasionally being spat at.
    3. Ability to deal with Loss and Grief, (on a very regular basis).
    4. Don’t mind lossing your hair or at the best seeing to change from Black to Grey in a matter on months (look at photo’s of danny frawley a few years ago).
    5. Able to deal with children – did i really say that ? im a Matty Richardson fan.
    6. must be available for late night call outs from the Police to pick up intoxicated players (hey but at least the Tigers aren’t the worst offenders).
    7. any prior footy experience may be an advantage especially if you can teach 22 others how to play.

regards westan
    Go TiGers in 2005

Profile photo of baloobaloo
    Participant
    @baloo

I’ve been waiting for Sheeds to return to Punt Rd for over 20 years now. Doesn’t look like it will ever happen.

We need some of the old Tiger champions back coaching the club. Malthouse or Sheeds would be perfect. I’d even be happy to see Neil Balme come across from Eddie’s Egos.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Who would really want the job.

They need to do the following;

1. Richo is a good player but his body language in a team sport is shocking. Sort it out.

2. Get players who can kick to a player not the opposition. Rodant, kellaways, gasper, krakaouer, chaffey, zantuck the list is bloody endless.

3. Get some aggro to get the hard ball – get rid of campbell, pettifer, bowden, hilton, fiora, tivendale, houlihan,

4. Gasper – reduce his contract term and pay.

5. Brad Ottens – get him to achieve half his potential.

6. Give Coughlan the captaincy.

7. Give the kids a go.

Thats about it.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I reckon Yack’s on the right course, name your price Yack… I’m mates with one of the board members, perhaps I could put you two in touch…
    r

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

yes guys

some good thoughts here.

Balmey, i never thought he was as tough a couch as a player. cetainly a legand none the less. after couching melb through those bad years, (still remember some of those facial expressions), doubt whether he’d want the job.

we need someone who knows how to win premierships. All those mentioned do.

westan

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Westan

I presume you are talking about that game where the boys run around in very tight squeekies and singlets and where the crowd is about 75% women.

Regards

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Yes Muppett you are once again correct.

It’s funny how you bring women into the discussion when we are talking about the way my team, Richmond, is playing (yes like womenno insult ment to ladies), They could certainly learn something from the scrubbers , i mean the silver ferns. For those who don’t know the NZ netball team is playing the Oz girls it gets live coverage on TV1, its a big deal over here – Netball.

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    ….its a big deal over here – Netball.

Figures, I guess it is a little bit more exciting than watching bubbling mud at Rotarua!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome and well preserved body, but better to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming . …… Hell, what a trip !!”

Profile photo of drhappydrhappy
    @drhappy

[baaa]

Hey rugbyfan I thought watching dogs get sheep to walk thru a couple of bits of fencing was the number 1 tv sport over there.

Oh and muppet I was wondering what game you meant by “that game” but then it became obvious that it was AFL when you referred to the spectators as a “crowd” because you only get 3 men and a dog at those minor sports like rugby

Cheers Deano

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.