All Topics / Help Needed! / Good Rent Opportunities ?????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of davekdavek
    @davek

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find properties in Australia with a minimum of 9% rental return?

Thanks heaps[cap]

Dave

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Dave,

Yoiu’d probably be flat out getting an IP in a regional city now that yields 9%, although I got one in August 2003 that has a 9% yield in a large regional city. But they’re becoming scarce.

You can probably get 9% in more country towns… mining towns… cheap properties with higher yields. Just think about what you want. Yield isn’t everything.Sometimes, cheaper properties come with a whole range of expenses- repairs, and your yield shrinks relative to your expenses.

There are a heap of investors on here that go for high yields. I am more of a 6%-8% yield person. I would rather have a smaller yield, but no repairs to my properties.

Do a check on realestate.com.au- just flick on any state and check out what’s around. Start with your own area first, and read as much as you can about RE. Finding CF+ places isn’t that hard- it just depends on if they are suitable to your own purposes.

kay henry

Profile photo of davekdavek
    @davek

I know cashflow IP’s aren’t everything, but when you reach your borrowing capacity, you have to start looking for properties that the lenders will lend you money against [trigger]

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

I’d try selling off some of your under perfoming assets, if you have any.

Profile photo of toddbtoddb
    @toddb

Try Mt Isa, Kalgoorlie and Gladstone. But do your homework on the location, condition and demand.

Good luck

Profile photo of tigercjntigercjn
    Participant
    @tigercjn

I have just been up to QLD and found some in Roma and Dalby. ended up buying 8 units in Dalby at %10 return.

Roma we did not like as its a bit far inland and has a lot of houses for sale and a transient workforce

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.