All Topics / Opinionated! / Is Jenman a @#$%^% ???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b
    Profile photo of martinwmartinw
    @martinw

Robert, he may well be, but no more so than, for instance, someone who sells advice <<edited>> and then offers additional advice (at a cost) to getting yourself out of it! <<edited>>

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I agree!

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

are most realesate agents tossers? – yes. so for me its a ying and yang thing. we need many more jenmans to counter balance the overwhelming crap that comes from the other side. i just hope he sticks to what he does best and doesnt try to become somekind of oracle who knows all things about all people. neil – keep it simple! and your message wont lose its kick….

and martin with friends like you – id hate to see jenmans enemies. keep up the good work!

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

g’day morgage advisor. i agree it seems wierd just to outlaw auctions as a method of selling. but what possible cause/benefit would jenman have in doing so other than for him to geniunely think the method was too open for manipulation? i understand what you are saying but im trying to understabd what angle he may have. otherwise he has fairly wide ranging views on other issues regarding agent conduct which i think are very necessary. does the system work??? i dont know!!!but the fact that he has some popularity means the industry was hanging out for a crusader of sorts to help balance the system…

GOONGA GALOOGA – BILL MURRAY (CADDYSHACK)

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

I’d say NO. I’ve read one of his books and his points are valid. Jenman bashing is a sport these days. Auction is not necessarily the best method for sale anywhere. As Jenman says – all you will realise is 500 or 1000 above what the underbidder is prepared to pay.

Participant
    @anubis

What about the purchasers who refuse to purchase at auction? I know of many of them, but I don’t know anyone who refuses to buy by private treaty.

If you want to pay 100k over value for a property good luck to you – but doesn’t that prove my point that auction will deliver the vendor less than if you had to make your best offer to the agent?

Participant
    @anubis

It depends – in your example you said ” a particular property I really want which will be on the market soon will be joining my portfolio. How do I know this??? I know this because I am willing to pay $100,000 above market value for this property.”

I’m sure you would make your best offer – or at least a sufficiently high offer that precludes others from purchasing.

Is this going to be higher or lower than the auction price? Pure guesswork. Humans are funny animals.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

YES !!

HE HAS LOST THE PLOT – BIGTIME…

Del

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

MA…

YES

My Views on Jenman are well known here…. He is a hypocrite of the worst kind……

Suggest anyone who thinks he is a saint, visits http://www.jenmanexposed.com

or, visits the media section of the REIV :

http://www.reiv.com.au/media/eaarticles/pg_media_eaarticles_jenman.htm

http://www.reiv.com.au/media/eaarticles/pg_media_eaarticles_wheresjenman.html

Some very interesting reading, and, NO, it’s not mine……

The Jenman system is designed with the outward intention of protecting the “battlers” but on the inside, it’s making him a lot of money…..

Mr. Jenman manipulates information to fit his own agendas of promoting his “ethical system”

Sorry, but I just aint buying it……

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Where’s the expose’

There is only a link to an REIV article…hardly damning.

http://www.tradingforaliving.info

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

MA

my particular dislike (not exclusive to jenman) is more to do with how he puts others down to promote himself and his ‘system’. if the ‘system’ is so good it should support itself with quality organic growth.

his business platform is built on negativities.

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican
    Originally posted by wayneL:

Where’s the expose’

There is only a link to an REIV article…hardly damning.

Who said anything about a damning expose ????

The REIV articles just show Jenman’s standard approach to dealing with people who do not agree with him or his agenda……

If he honestly wanted to change the world, then, why isn’t he actively engaging people to make things better ???

Instead, he distorts the truth in many of his articles, to make himself look so good, and, to convince more people that the “Jenman System” is honorable……

He who lives in a glass house, should never throw stones…… Sorry Neil, but you’ve broken a few of your own windows recently, and, what people can now see through the hole, ain’t that pretty….

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Yeah I read that guys.

But its just part of a tit for tat between Raimondo and Jenman.

I’m neutral on Jenman, and he does seem to have lost the plot; but the other chap is not really a paradigm of virtue either.

On balance, Jenman has been responible for some positive changes (my opinion only) and I would prefer the industry with Jenman in, rather that out of it….. that said, the negatives of Jenman and his system are duly noted.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

My thoughts on Jenman.

Is he a #%%3%? I don’t believe so – but he is not squeaky clean either.

Let me preface with my experiences.

1. I have sold via auction?
    2. I have also read the book ‘Don’t sign Anything’ Its my little bible on selling and dealing with estate agents.
    3. I often read all his articles and refer to his web site often.
    4. I sold a property a few weeks ago. It was not a Jenman agent but I did hassle the agent a lot and the only advertising was for a sign and entry in realestate.com.au.

What I agree about Jenman!!!

1. Auctions – they do get second best price. The highest bidder is usually prepared to pay more. Auctions also insist an advertising campaign is paid for by the vendor even if the property does not sell. Auctions are also VERY stressful for the vendor. Immense pressure is placed on the vendor to accept a lower price. Once a vendor is signed for an auction over the coming weeks the vendor is conditioned into accepting a lower price as the agents says there has not been as much interest as we first thought. On the day of the auction your usually prepared to accept a lower price than initially told.
    2. Open for inspections/Conditioning – Open for inspections help condition people. People just have a look even if that property was not what they were looking for. An agent tells the vendor we had 10 people go through. Noone was interested. It makes the vendor feel bad. But in fact maybe only 1 person was really serious about buying a property anyway.
    3. Advertising – is a waste. Advertising does not attract buyers. If a buyer wants to buy they go visit estate agents and drive the streets in the area. They leave their details. Serious buyers find the properties available.
    4. Courses/Gurus – I like the work he is doing here. Many people pay a lot for a holy grail that does not exist. At least the public is more aware of these gurus eventhough it gets his head on TV etc.

What I don’t like about Jenman

1. Recent Conditioning – many articles of late have been the market going down and prices in 6 months will be lower than now. That makes it easier for his agents to sell properties when people are conditioned that prices will be lower in 6 months.
    2. He is marketing his group of agents. That’s his bread and butter. All else is incidental. He does crusade for consumer rights. I hope he continues.
    3. Bias towards REIV Enzo Raimondo. All state REI presidents are the same and operate the same. Yet poor Enzo seems to get more personal attacks. Maybe he deserves them – I don’t know. But he does cop more – more than the REINSW president.

So overall I agree with his work at present. He is trying to make the public aware of real estate practices and get rich quick gurus.

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hi al,
    being in WA prevents Jenman from getting his “claws” into me, so the only info I have on him and his dealings is from this forum. I have, however, bought one of his books (Reals Estate Mistakes) and have used the info to MY BENEFIT. He describes the good and bad REA and I have used his Q’s to define the ones in my area. The bad REA I have used for investigative purposes and have researched our neighbourhood extensively and can say that I am confident in pricing houses in our market place! I am now using that info to gauge prices and make offers on property I am interested in and have noticed that the REAs here are suddenly different towards my wife and I. We ‘appear’ to get less bull-dust (I say appear as it is better info than before and it seems to fit what we have discovered in the past).
    In principle, I support his Ideology, as to him being a hypocrite, well…I can’t say he is or isn’t!
    Like Steve says, Buyer Beware and I guess that means REAs too! Do your homework and plan your business to succeed. It looks as though the REI is doing its job in being a watch-dog, that less people are being exploited, well done!
    Remember, opinions are like ….. nostril hairs, everyone has got their own.

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of jparriejparrie
    @jparrie
    Originally posted by brahms:

MA

if the ‘system’ is so good it should support itself with quality organic growth.

his business platform is built on negativities.

I think brahms has hit Jenman’s problem on the head. He is totally dismissive of any other system used to sell real estate and totally negative in his approach.

His business platform is actually very clever (for him) if you think about it, unfortunately the losers are the agents (and to a lesser extent vendors) that use his system. During this coming downturn in the RE market, in theory the Jenman system should come into its own. However, what are non Jenman agents going to do now? Simple, they will offer private sale instead of auction. And why will they be successful where a Jenman agent won’t? – They have profile. Jenman dismisses profile as being totally unnecessary.

I work for a Jenman RE agency and this agency has been crippled by his system. Whereas most other franchises offer at least some form of help and assistance with profile and agency advertising, Jenman’s offering to us is leaflets to drop into letterboxes. Leaflets like “How to sell your property without a RE agent”. Yeah, right Neil, please explain?

Perhaps Neil is changing though! He has recently changed his opinion on rent roles. Not long ago, rent roles were an unnecessary burden that should be sold off at the earliest opportunity. Now however, he is offering seminars on how to effectively manage a rent role. Oh, so suddenly Mr.Jenman is an expert on rent roles after slagging them off for years!

Maybe he is finaly realising that the tide of offices leaving the Jenman system isn’t going to stop.

Sorry Neil, but the Jenman System is a dead duck.

Profile photo of david e-noosadavid e-noosa
    @david-e-noosa

Interesting topic…

I can see things from both sides but there are some memorable quotes in this thread that made me chuckle.

New boy on the block, will sit back and fit in where I can.

I will say one thing that pops into my head just now “some sales people complain they are treated like used car salesmen” I say “act as a proffessional and people will treat you as such”

Most “salespeople” and I use that term loosely, can see no further than their next sale. They lack the insight to look beyond that next commission cheque.

Jenman has his good points and some I do not agre with, but he does get off his butt and go do something. Its easier to pick on the faults (or perceived faults) of others than it is to do a better job yourself.

btw I am not and have never contemplated being a “Jenman Agent” I am however a student of life, fly with eagles, so they say.

David J
    Licenced Agent/Sales Manager

http://www.e-noosa.com.au
    [email protected]

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

What is a rent role?

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

I agree with much of the ethical platform espoused by Neil Jenman, but I’m not comfortable with his media-headline grabbing approach.

I’m also not comfortable in his interests in the Real Estate industry….The Jenman system gains when he successfully maligns his competition & there’s too much gratification in it for him for me to be comfortable with his self-presentation as a ‘consumer advocate’.

His Jenman system has itself had some issues in the past & I’m still not satisifed that it is adequately policed to ensure that Jenman acreddited agents ALWAYS behave according to the principles of the system.

I do like the principles of the Jenman system, however again I’d never buy from them as an investor because they cut down on the advantage :)

I’d consider selling through them in certain instances.

I do admire Neil Jenman for having the strength of will & belief to stand up for what he believes in (rightly or wrongly).

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.