All Topics / Opinionated! / ‘See you in about 10 days’

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I will see you all in about 10 days time. I have had enough of this forum of late. There is one person (I am sure most of you know who it is) who is really taking away from this forum. That one person is hogging the forum and destroying it for everyone and I believe that new people wouldnt bother coming on here. All I read are subjective posts and insults etc.

Hopefully this person will be brought into line or suffers the same fate as JenBec.

I may come back a little early if things improve.

Ciao

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I hear you Yack,

A slightly edited quote from a PM I sent to another forum member a month ago, letting him know the direction I felt the forum was taking… it’s also why I’ve barely posted recently :

“I’m not looking for a love in… If I want to feel loved I’ll give my grandma a call… to be honest I couldn’t give a toss about whether people here piss in each others pockets or not…

I used to enjoy coming to these boards because the discussions were worthwhile and I learned off them…

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy heated debate… I just don’t like the personal petty crap that comes up, and I’m sure if you weighed up the worthwhile posts v the pointless ones in the last few months, the latter would outnumber the former quite considerably.”

Cheers all

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Guys

Yack, from time to time people come to this forum and cause a little annoyance, they usually depart an find someone else to upset, hope to see you back here soon

regards westan

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Couldn’t agree with Yack more. The problem is that it’s not only some of the new posters causing all the bunfights, there are one or two moderators who seem to make things worse rather than “moderating”.

There is a certain childishness that has infested these boards – no-one can play unless they play my way. If you don’t agree with me you are wrong etc etc.

I am genuinely unsure if this place will ever recover/return to what it was.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

yeah yack, who’s going to annoy me if you leave?

come back soon…
    cheers-
    Mini

PS

yeah i got jack of it for a bit when I was getting some grief but the parties have sorted it out in a win/win manner and all is good.
    I’ve recently been away not cause of that but because I’ve been travelling and doing mucho deals with my mates castledreamer and
    familyfirst.

joy to the world

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Yack,

I have to agree with you on this…. I’ve been talking to a few other people who used to post here, and, are now staying away…..

Whilst I do still post from time to time, I don’t feel like being so actively involved anymore, as, all that happens is I get shot down…. I’ve been personally attacked several times, and, really question why I even bother anymore…..

You will note Pisces, Arty, others are dissapearing…… it’s sad to see, but, not unexpected….

If Bec can be kicked off, then how is it that another person, who has behaved MUCH WORSE than Bec, be allowed to stay on…..

For now, I’ll stay on the fringes, and, concentrate on more properties…..

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

I have just revoked Pisces membership after receiving an abusive personal message.

I agree that it is time for a change. If you come across abusive posts then let me know (send to [email protected]) and I’ll take swift action.

It doesn’t matter who it is, there is now a zero tolerance policy.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Steve,

Whilst I accord you great respect, don’t you think it’s a bit late for an about face on your tolerance policy ??

You have left a member free to roam here, under multiple user ID’s, who has been aggressive, to say the least, driving away the majority of your longer term contributors……

I believe the administrators and yourself have received quite a few messages of concern/complaint over this matter…. ???

It IS YOUR forum, and you can do as you so please, obviously, but a forum is successful because of the people on it….. If people are going to be or feel threatened, then, you very quickly will have a forum that resembles a ghost town…..

In my case I have been personally attacked many times, and defended myself… I have made official complaints, yet nothing is done….

Pisces comments I’d assume were probably a bit harsh, but he was expressing himself as always…. I’d suggest you talk with Jack and discuss this issue at hand….. I’d say it was a very serious issue, that was not properly addressed…..

I hardly ever post about wraps here anymore, as all that happens is someone else tries to force their values down my throat….

What is the point ???

You may wish to shoot the messenger here, but the truth is, MANY of the people who have been here for quite some time are now leaving / stopped posting……

Time for everyone to grow up… but if you want this place to be successful, I would kindly suggest when a serious issue arises, that it is not ignored…… ( FYI Steve when I raised this issue previously in a thread, it was deleted….. WHY ? )

Peace to all, calm down….. I’m off to buy a few more houses…..

Scott

Pelican Investments
    http://www.pelican-invest.com

Profile photo of wessy7249wessy7249
    @wessy7249

I am one of those who have walked away ….

I no longer wish to “swim ” through the volume of negatives.

For the last 12 months I have learned a lot from this forum amd our business has prospered.
    ( BIG THANKS Steve )and the loyal posters.

seeya

Profile photo of qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    @qwerty

Sheeesh Yack keep posting !

If there’s anybody who I can draw parallels with in my investment philosophy it’s you mate.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

I agree with the same sentement of Pelican.

I was even going to PM and complain.. but theres no PM for you
    And then I couldn’t find your email.. and then forgot about complaining….

But I have been reducing my posting quite considerably, and I know someone who was new and now dosen’t tend to post because of all the conflict in that section of the forums…

Congrats on being sold out in your seminar!
    Great info for a great price!

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

With the aforementioned member, what is really annoying is the fact that when there are ‘decent’ informative posts, at some later point they all ‘vanish’ leaving a LOT of threads that make no sense whatsoever…..[baaa]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

I think that we’re all mature/adult enough to look beyond our differences, and besides, it’s nice to see that Yack’s back [thumbsupanim] and posting with us again!! YIPEEEEEE [specool]Good to have ya back Yack!!! [tongue]

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

I haven’t been around for a while because a virus killed my computer. On my return I must admit that I noticed the dissapearing posts and was a bit perplexed at the new development…

I thought that some things were better to quietly vanish but it is a shame to loose so much good stuff and to be left with threads that are a bit cryptic (especially to the newest members who probably have no idea what this thread is about either).

Cheers
    Sonja

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.