All Topics / Help Needed! / Tassie West Coast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

I’m not yet ready to begin purchasing but I’d like to know how this sounds to you experienced investors out there.

Two 2 b/room units on seperate titles for 100K rental potential 90 – 100 / week. Come fully furnished.

The numbers probably look alright – down side is it is on the West Coast of Tassie mainly mining industry. Do any of you invest on the West Coast of Tassie?

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

I have invested in West coast Tasmania. As you suggest, properties in this region do indeed provide good cashflow, however I’m uncertain of the region’s capital growth prospects. Have you ever been to the west coast of Tasy? Beautiful place.

Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

Only as a youngster with my family. Have not been in my adult life. It is a wonderous place very wild, has an appeal all its own.

Profile photo of saxonk9saxonk9
    @saxonk9

Matt, regarding west coast of Tassie, I grew up there (Zeehan) but haven’t been back for a while. From what I hear Zeehan has turned into a bit of a retirement village since the mine closed with a lot of mainland retirees moving in to grab the really cheap housing. My only comment would be to make sure that there isn’t a company still running the area that you are considering buying in as
    a. they provide subsidised housing
    b. as proved by Renison closing down, it can be risky assuming that things will get better or even stay the same.
    regards Nigel[rambo2]

Try?
    Try not!
    Do, or do not!

Yoda – Return of the Jedi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.