All Topics / General Property / Are rents going up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni
    Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Not in my experience. We’ve had to drop the rents on a couple of properties that are up for rent now – although it is a rotten time of year to look for tenants..

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

a friend of mine just had her rent increase by 50 dollars a week!, she went to move out only to find it was still a little cheaper than anything else in that area.
    i myself have an ip there which was renting at 120 per week 2 years ago and now rents for 175 per week.
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

We’ve had a change in tenants in two places in Launceston recently. 1st we put rent up from 180-200 and had someone locked in after a few days who agreed to pay 6 months rent in advance. 2nd we increased from 190 to 200 and also had someone in within days of being vacated.

No-one balked at the rents we were asking for – mind you we manage privately so we can weed out undesirables in the first instance.

There is a strong trend of late we have noticed with people having their bonds put up by Anlgicare – is this a local phenomenon or is it being seen by others?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.